• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The draw for the first round will be held at 7pm on Monday, and for the first time since 2014 our inclusion is guaranteed. A welcome benefit of our return to the Football League.

Personally, I would like us to draw any non-league side at home to give us a good chance of progression. We would even be strong favourites if we drew Wrexham and could surely beat them convincingly with our current, improved side.

In years gone by I would have wanted a trip to a lowly placed non-league team, but I have visited enough 'weird' grounds in the last three years. Metropolitan Police would be interesting though.

I would prefer to avoid Sunderland at this early stage.

Cue Peterborough away........

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A home time would be my preference, it would be a huge financial boost if we could get through a couple of rounds.

Please not Peterborough this season

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Wrexham at home would be a good draw as it would attract a decent gate and is certainly winnable, but still a potential banana skin. I don't think Sunderland at home would be too bad. There would be a good away crowd and probably some TV money. And we may actually win it. ;)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree anyone but Peterborough. My preference would be home to a non-league side we've not played before.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
You could not have picked an "easier" draw, although the FA Cup always produces shock results. I just hope Micky takes the competition seriously and plays his strongest side.

I'd like to see some cut-price or free tickets given to schools and charities to boost the gate, as the away support could be just double figures.

Player
Manager
John King
the away support could be just double figures.

I think it will be a bit better than that. It is the FA Cup and it will be a big deal for whichever team gets through. I think we will charge ten pounds to get in.

I hope Micky takes this game more seriously then he did the other cup matches, and I am sure he will. I think we will make three or four changes.

Player
Manager
John King
Just going off-topic, our record against non-league clubs as a Football League team is actually very good. I think we have only lost once to a non-league side in my lifetime (Coventry Sporting in November 1975), and even then I was only one month old !

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It’s the kind of game where even having Shamal George in the nets shouldn’t prove fatal. Should be a decent atmosphere, though don’t know much about either potential opponent.

drwhoman

We should win this. I would not be inclined to make any changes. There might be good money to be made if we can get to the third round. It seems that with the leaking roof that joe reported we might need it. Oh well - Peterborough away in the second round then! (LOL!)

Player
aldo
We have to play the first team no holding back lets give them a real kicking . But knowing tranmere it willbe a kagey 1-0 we dont do easy

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
A cagey 1-0 will do me. However, this is the main cup competition and I would not expect more than a couple of changes. In fact, after todays performance I would love to start thinking that we would struggle to spot whether they were strategic or tactical changes. Crawley has shown we do have a very strong squad.