• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA . CUP . WATFORD

Player
aldo
season tickets holders £10 . or normal £15 . and 1500 tickets we will sell all of them . if they don,t sell lots of tickets we are not gonna get much from the game . lets hope for a draw and get on the TV in the replay

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Initial allocation of 2,200 sold out and more tickets requested.

Fantastic support.

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Excellent support. How many more tickets can we get?

Player
aldo
also my record with the FA CUP is not great . watched the pompey battering at home oxford city and spurs just to name a few . lol

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Craig Shakespeare has confirmed that they will rotate the squad for the match using peripheral players and U23s. Could give us an outside chance; didn't fancy us trying to defend against Deulofeu or Deeney! Is Peter Clarke cup-tied, do we know?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Craig Shakespeare has confirmed that they will rotate the squad for the match using peripheral players and U23s. Could give us an outside chance; didn't fancy us trying to defend against Deulofeu or Deeney! Is Peter Clarke cup-tied, do we know?
So that evens it up then. Micky will be rotating his squad too but because of injuries. ;)

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think the team will pick itself, assuming no-one recovers miraculously from injury. The fit players suggest 3-5-2, so I'd expect Chapman; Woods or Ray, Clarke, Nelson; Caprice, Danns, Jennings, Perkins, Morris; Ferrier, Payne or Mullin.

With Watford's resurgence under Nigel Pearson, our wretched form and injuries and the two division gap, we might be fortunate to get away with a 5-0 hammering. However, if we can hold them to 0-1 at half-time with at least 10 men still on the pitch, we might have a chance. ;)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Difficult to call this one as we will have some measure of organisation in defence if Clarke plays but not sure what team they are going to field. I think they are fielding a team of fringe players and youngsters.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There fringe players be far too good for us, home win by several goals

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As Mart says, their 'fringe' players still include people like Andre Gray, who will be more than a handful for us. However, Oldham won away at a weakened Fulham side last season, so who knows. The key for me is that we see a better, more disciplined performance than recent matches, to at least lift spirits a bit.

We are severely limited by injuries, but I would start with the following team:

Chapman
Caprice Nelson Clarke Woods
CBT Danns Potter / Perkins Morris
Jennings
Ferrier

Monthe and Ridehalgh should both come back into the side if they are available.

The centre of midfield is obviously a major worry, as Perkins and Danns will be really feeling the strain after the busy festive period, but we don't have many options.

We have sold 2,700 tickets and hopefully it will be a decent day out.

Last edited:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As Mart says, their 'fringe' players still include people like Andre Gray, who will be more than a handful for us. However, Oldham won away at a weakened Fulham side last season, so who knows. The key for me is that we see a better, more disciplined performance than recent matches, to at least lift spirits a bit.

We are severely limited by injuries, but I would start with the following team:

Chapman
Caprice Nelson Clarke Woods
CBT Danns Potter Perkins Morris
Jennings
Ferrier

Monthe and Ridehalgh should both come back into the side if they are available.

The centre of midfield is obviously a major worry, as Perkins and Danns will be really feeling the strain after the busy festive period, but we don't have many options.

We have sold 2,700 tickets and hopefully it will be a decent day out.
That side would give us our best possible chance - unless the ref notices we are fielding 12 players. ;)

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Missed out the slash. Now corrected.

:)
I preferred the 12! I once played a 7s rugby match in Aberdeen (for a fat lads Blackburn team) against the Scottish Thistles (their U21 national team, including a few future internationals). We finished the game with 9 players but it didn't prevent a painful mauling!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I can't see Watford fielding a team totally made up of fringe players and the reality is that whoever they put up against us will be too good unfortunately.

My preference would be only to pick players who are approaching 100% fit. Clarke should start and there does need to be some rotation in midfield, Potter for Perkins would be my choice.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I can't see Watford fielding a team totally made up of fringe players and the reality is that whoever they put up against us will be too good unfortunately.
Boz, as mentioned they have confirmed this on their website and commented that the starting eleven will be wrapped in cotton wool after their festive exertions. I don't see why they would bother with "mind games" against a struggling L1 outfit.