• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA . CUP . WATFORD

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Out of interest, given the high ticket sales, how many people from this site are going tomorrow ?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Boz, as mentioned they have confirmed this on their website and commented that the starting eleven will be wrapped in cotton wool after their festive exertions. I don't see why they would bother with "mind games" against a struggling L1 outfit.
I still think the second part of my sentence holds.

I'm not going tomorrow, sadly not made an away game this season. Will definitely do the league game at Wycombe one or two others if I can get tickets.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Teams like Watford rely on FA cup glory as it’s their most realistic trophy route so I suspect they’ll load the bench! If played, why do I get the feeling CBT on a decent pitch with a bit of a spotlight may shine?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sadly, I have decided not to go as my wife is ill. Nothing serious, but we've a few things on this weekend. However, I hope to make it to the six-pointer at Roots Hall next weekend.

I am getting a bit more relaxed about tomorrow. If Watford play a weakened team and Micky persuades the likes of CBT and Ferrier to show the cameras what they can do, then it may be interesting. The key thing is not to concede early and to still be in the game at half-time.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I still think the second part of my sentence holds.

I'm not going tomorrow, sadly not made an away game this season. Will definitely do the league game at Wycombe one or two others if I can get tickets.
Quite possibly; I'm sure that they will still be favourites to win. I won't be there either, unfortunately. Hopefully we can get a foothold in the game, though, and the SWA do us proud.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
So, an early solo CBT goal after which we keep a clean sheet despite the big guns coming on and putting us under immense pressure. Might be worth a few bob … or pigs may fly!

Player
aldo
me and my wife gave our tickets away due to work . lets hope mm has kicked them all in the balls . if they don,t give a fk get rid . if they don,t care get rid and get the guys who give a toss the contracts and games . i am still angry after NYD that was not the TRANMERE i know that was A MICKY ADAMS TRANMERE . not a MELLON one sort it out

Player
aldo
its simples we need to sing our hearts out from the min we get in to there ground and untill we get out . the boys put in a magnificent show and connor gets the 95th min winner . thats my dream i want the fans going nuts for all the right reasons tomorow . Clark to man ot the match and liverpool away in the next game

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If they are not up for this match, they won’t be up for any. Pros should not need any motivation to play on a premier league ground.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As a point of interest, what would you all prefer - a win today or a win next Saturday? Thinking about it, I’d probably take today with all the positive publicity and the guaranteed extra cash. We could then invest some cash in a couple of decent players to help us in the league.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
That's a tough call BBTC. Think we need to get something out of the Southend game,as losing there could help kick-start their season. There are advantages of a win today though, particularly if we were to get a decent draw in the next round.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Clarke starts in what looks like a 3-5-2 with manny and Nelson alongside. Assume Morris wing back again with CJ behind Morgan and the recalled Stefan Payne.

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, looks like 352 and a more solid side than expected. Gilmour back on the bench which is good to see.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interesting team selection. Good that Manny returns to the defence and that Gilmour is on the bench. No rotation in central midfield, with Potter not even on the bench and that could be our weak spot.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Essentially a second string Watford side with no big names on the bench. Watford win by no means a given.

Player
Manager
John King
Interesting team selection. Good that Manny returns to the defence and that Gilmour is on the bench. No rotation in central midfield, with Potter not even on the bench and that could be our weak spot.
I think it looks a sensible line up. Three men in midfield and some assistance for Ferrier so he does not get too isolated.