• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup draw

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Is tomorrow at 7 PM. We are number 46.

Marine, who defeated Chester in the last round, and Skelmersdale, are both in the hat.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
For financial reasons it's very important we can get through a few rounds.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Is tomorrow at 7 PM. We are number 46.

Marine, who defeated Chester in the last round, and Skelmersdale, are both in the hat.
An away tie against either team should guarantee live TV. A L1 away game would be very tough but might relieve the pressure in the league and give us a lift.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I agree a tie against 9th tier Skelmersdale should keep us in the Cup and guarantee us some TV money. Aside from that a tie against any of the remaining 8th tier teams could achieve the same goal. I really wouldn't want us to draw a L1 team at this stage in our "progress" and Posh would just be a mickey-take! With TV money on offer the ideal scenario would be us playing against and beating minnows in rounds 1 and 2 and then drawing one of the Big Six. The FA Cup has smiled on us financially in the last 2 seasons, let's hope for 3 in a row!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
The prize money is worth having in the current climate, although it seems to have reduced significantly from last year:

Extra preliminary round winners (184) £1,125 Losers receive £375
Preliminary round winners (160) £1,444 Losers receive £481
First round qualifying winners (116) £2,250 Losers receive £750
Second Round Qualifying winners (80) £3,375 Losers receive £1,125
Third Round Qualifying winners (40) £5,625 Losers receive £1,875
Fourth Round Qualifying winners (32) £9,375 Losers receive £3,125
First Round Proper winners (40) £22,629
Second Round Proper winners (20) £34,000
Third Round Proper winners (32) £82,000
Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £90,000
Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £180,000
Quarter-Final winners (4) £360,000
Semi-Final winners (2) £900,000
Semi-Final losers (2) £450,000
Final runners-up (1) £900,000
Final winners (1) £1,800,000
I assume that these are cumulative, so if we reached the 3rd Round we would have earned £56,629. I've no idea what how much the TV money is.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Pity no fans allowed in especially with some of the comments on Twitter from there chairman would've made for some atmosphere

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not too bad. At least it’s at home. But unlikely to be on TV. I think it’s winnable. The lads will want to show they are still league one quality.

BTW, my nearest team Tonbridge Angels have hit the jackpot with a home game against Bradford City. That must be a banker for live TV.

Player
Manager
John King
I am just wondering if we will actually be able to watch the game, given that it is not covered by Ifollow ?

Perhaps the BBC or FA will show the matches via their websites.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good point. The club should be allowed to live stream it via one of their platforms and allow fans to pay to watch. Sounds a bit too easy though, I am sure there are many barriers to cross.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The fact we are playing another league team should make the logistics easier to do this. Hopefully they can charge less than £14.95. ;)

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
It's a pretty grim draw to be honest. To stand any chance of progressing we will need to have settled into a formation and improved our form over the next week or so. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since 7th March in the middle of, our ultimately futile, run of away wins. Happy days that seem a lifetime away. The home draw isn't even that much of an advantage with no fans and only an hours drive for Accy.

Talking of grim draws, the draw itself was cringeworthy. To his credit Grant Holt managed to successfully juggle drawing both the home and away teams but, oh dear, what a Horlicks the presenter made of it! It came perilously close to going completely pear shaped.

Player
Manager
John King
It's a pretty grim draw to be honest. To stand any chance of progressing we will need to have settled into a formation and improved our form over the next week or so. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since 7th March in the middle of, our ultimately futile, run of away wins. Happy days that seem a lifetime away. The home draw isn't even that much of an advantage with no fans and only an hours drive for Accy.

Talking of grim draws, the draw itself was cringeworthy. To his credit Grant Holt managed to successfully juggle drawing both the home and away teams but, oh dear, what a Horlicks the presenter made of it! It came perilously close to going completely pear shaped.
Yes, there must have been half a dozen names called incorrectly !

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
BBC & BT will stream a set amount of games the rest can be screened by the teams.

It wasn't the smoothest of draws.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Also worth noting it will be the next game for Accrington