• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup - Bradford V Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
We've just drawn Bradford away in the cup.

Could have been better :(

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, nothing great that is it. Wanted a non-league club. All the fun of the FA Cup really..

So we're going out in the first round then :roll:

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

You never know, as I say before every game. We've got to turn the corner sometime.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
ifeel the exact same Ian, I uyse the FA cup 1st round/2nd round to play mad non league teams who well never play again, like Brigg Town and Hornchurch. ah well, its a shame cos I think well go out and well have no exciting FA Cup runs not even to the 3rd round and the excitemnt of the draw hoping for a premier league team. Frustrating day for me today, but I'll go Bradford and enjoy myself and You never know, at least take it to a replay.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
this game is now sunday 6th november ko 3pm.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
bolton_hater said:
this game is now sunday 6th november ko 3pm.

Think I'm going watching Everton v Boro on that day :!:

Gray ducks for cover... :wink:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
ITS ON TV AS WELL!!

COME ON SON!

C

championship_here_we_come

bolton_hater said:
ITS ON TV AS WELL!!

were did you hear this as at the moment as far as i know the bbc will put one sunday game on tv the chocies are:

Bradford City v Tranmere Rovers, 3pm
Cambridge City v Hereford United or Alfreton Town, Sunday 6 November, KO tbc
Halifax Town v Rushden & Diamonds, 3.00pm
Huddersfield Town v Welling United, 1.00pm

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

A lad in work's from Bradford and he doesn't hold out much hope of them winning it. Says they've been shocking at home at home for the last few years.

We'll see.

C

ChiefRich

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:
A lad in work's from Bradford and he doesn't hold out much hope of them winning it. Says they've been shocking at home at home for the last few years.

We'll see.

Give your mate some hope by reminding him that, however bad they might be at home, we are much worse away!

I remember last season at Bradford in the league. Went 1-0 up within 2 minutes (Eugene Dadi I believe), played some class football in the first half but just couldn't kill it with a second.

Second half - BL goes more defensive; they come onto us more, shocking red card for Gazza Roberts, then 1-1!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think it was Humey who scored for us. That was a game where in the 2nd half, the ref who was terrible(the dreadful Mr Danson) gave absolutely everything to Bradford and sent off the wrong player. Think they'd equalised by then and we hung on for the last 10 with Linwood doing good work as makeshift left-back. It was also a game in which Nicky Summerbee looked very good :?

Think this could be the make or break game for our season. If we were to get through, could boost our league form. Lose this and things go from bad to worse

C

ChiefRich

Humey it was yes - Eugene scored after 2 minutes away at Luton the previous week when we also drew 1-1.

Yes Ryan Taylor fouled Ben Muirhead, even though I wasn't convinced it was a foul. Then Roberts got sent off.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

ChiefRich said:
PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:

We'll see.

Give your mate some hope by reminding him that, however bad they might be at home, we are much worse away!

I remember last season at Bradford in the league. Went 1-0 up within 2 minutes (Eugene Dadi I believe), played some class football in the first half but just couldn't kill it with a second.

Second half - BL goes more defensive; they come onto us more, shocking red card for Gazza Roberts, then 1-1!

I tried that, he's having none of it. I'd be glad to get a draw and bring them back to "fortress" Prenton Park. Bit of money for the kitty.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I went to this game. We should have won. Another waste of 2 points! I dont care how poor Bradford are at home, they can't be any poorer than us away from home! ..

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Danny Harrison told a man i know that its on TV so did mcateer, but mno-one else seems to think it is, whether theyre pulling his leg i dont know.

M

Matthew The Rover

I will go for Bradford 1-1 Tranmere Rovers. Come on lads, lets at the least get them back for a replay and then do em at home! We need the revenue and a good cup run would make my season (well, still being in at Christmas would do me at the mo!)

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I Can see it being 1-1, then it will go to a reply and its always great when we play bradford at home.

B'ford- Windass, Rovers- Jenings.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Not going to Bradford i've got to work :cry: I will be there though in spirit i'll be shouting at the radio at work. Its the first away game i've missed in a while

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Matthew The Rover said:
We need the revenue and a good cup run would make my season (well, still being in at Christmas would do me at the mo!)

I want to get to at least the third round, becuase everyoneloves fa cup 3rd round day, and I love the draw hoping fora big premiership team. This season man utd will do :lol: Come on! lets have good cup run.

Status
Not open for further replies.