• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Expectations?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I will be expecting promotion, by whatever means, as I have done every season. In fact, I won't change my expectation until we are in a worse position than we were the season MM took us up from National League! If you can't be positive before a ball has been kicked, where's the joy?

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
yea saw a few of them I liked MM's interview he laid it bare some on other sites annoy me we could have Klopp and the best players in the world and they would Moan but we are Tranmere and we have Magnificent owners who just want us to have a club in 10 years and not do a Bury

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
My sentiments are with ONIGP. I’d go a step further and I expect us to win every game prior to kick-off (I know full well that ain’t gonna happen and it’s an aspiration/hope……pretty deluded one at that!).
In reality, I‘m guessing we’ve all learnt that following Tranmere can be a humbling experience and having a 100% reliance for entertainment/success on the pitch can only set you up for a fall. I liken it to the adage that golf spoils a good walk and football can ruin a good day out. In particular, I’ve had some memorable away days with my son, despite 90 minutes of mind-numbing “sport” doing its’s best to put a dampener on the occasion. Visits to Forest Green, Torquay, Rochdale, Swindon, Guiseley, to name but a few, have been remembered fondly for what we got up to before and after the game. I guess positivity comes from a holistic approach to following your team and making your own entertainment to balance the reality that football sometimes delivers. It’s kind of a win win situation; we lose, we still have fun; we win, we party and we’re in credit for weeks!
Possibly the most positive experience we’ve had together at an away game after losing was the away game at Oldham in our promotion to League One season a few years back; the singing at the end of the game was awesome from the SWA.
Looking forward to Saturday and hopefully posting a bit more on here once the season’s underway (all positive stuff after we race away with the league!).