• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Exeter v Rovers

Exeter v Rovers
Posted by Ian
St James Park
Saturday, December 11, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, December 11, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
According to league statement 25% not had any jab and don't intend too.
It makes footballers look stupid, clubs look powerless, the authorities weak and the PFA negligent. Their employers, unions, FA and the leagues should mount a campaign to educate and persuade the reluctant players to get jabbed. Not only are they risking their livelihood, but also setting a bad example to the fans.

drwhoman

)
It makes footballers look stupid, clubs look powerless, the authorities weak and the PFA negligent. Their employers, unions, FA and the leagues should mount a campaign to educate and persuade the reluctant players to get jabbed. Not only are they risking their livelihood, but also setting a bad example to the fans.
Agree. I am amazed that only 60/70% of Brits are double vaccinated given the number of deaths there have been in UK. I know the vaccine mandates are disliked but what is the alternative? There will always be a few who have genuine medical issues but what is the unvaccinated so called ' freedom'' when it comes at the risk of infecting their possibly immunity compromised relatives and the community generally? Most of the worst cases will involve the unvaccinated. Maybe they should pay the NHS for the treatment they receive? Sorry if this sounds harsh but we are over 90% double vaccinated here in Australia and the community spirit of those who have been vaccinated should be recognised. Footballers should not be allowed to play if unvaccinated. This might require strong club management but that is what they are paid for amongst other things! Rant over but I think some of you will agree!!

tyke

Player
Geenacre
)

Agree. I am amazed that only 60/70% of Brits are double vaccinated given the number of deaths there have been in UK. I know the vaccine mandates are disliked but what is the alternative? There will always be a few who have genuine medical issues but what is the unvaccinated so called ' freedom'' when it comes at the risk of infecting their possibly immunity compromised relatives and the community generally? Most of the worst cases will involve the unvaccinated. Maybe they should pay the NHS for the treatment they receive? Sorry if this sounds harsh but we are over 90% double vaccinated here in Australia and the community spirit of those who have been vaccinated should be recognised. Footballers should not be allowed to play if unvaccinated. This might require strong club management but that is what they are paid for amongst other things! Rant over but I think some of you will agree!!

As far as I can see, 81.5% of Brits over age 12 have received two doses v 80.2% of Australians. Essentially the same. Don't disagree about the footballers though, not a great image.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
UK vaccine take-up has been good compared to most of the world. We were quick to start but have been slow to get younger people vaccinated. Another big plus for the UK is the booster programme, which is well ahead of most of the world.

As far as I can see, there is no reason for most pro footballers to resist having a jab. It is lack of information and social media bias, which is why I suggested the PFA should support clubs in getting the message across.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Two Covid cases in the Orient squad, so some doubt regarding the match tomorrow. Probably not worth starting a match thread just yet.....

drwhoman

Thanks tyke and BBTC. Statistics and glorious statistics! I agree that UK was early on the job and we have certainly learnt from the experience. I was quoting over 16s and we are only now ramping up on teenagers and children.
Anyway, I think we all agree that players should be vaccinated although this does not mean that they will not get it - three Liverpool players the other day, but it does reduce the chances of serious illness and spreading it to others.
Let us hope that the game is on. There are calls to suspend the English leagues but when do you start again and how do you play the postponed matches? We are told that we have to live with Covid and that presumably remains the case. At least all the current evidence is that Omicron is milder. Maybe it will be the start of the pandemic ending? The pandemic 100 years ago ended when the virus mutated to basically nothing. No vaccines then. We can but hope! I would like to get to UK to see Rovers at least one more time!