• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Everton

drwhoman

Bookies now taking bets on Liverpool to win the league and Everton to be relegated. 10/1. That outcome probably couldn't get any worse for an Evertonian.
I think that relegation will also depend on how Watford and Burnley perform. Norwich are clearly gone. I am surprised that Burnley have not done their regular late season escape act so far. Lack of investment in the team is a major issue in this regard while Watford might have a bit of a surge under Woy. They have some decent players. If Everton do go down then Richarlison and DCL will probably go and maybe Pickford, Gordon and Mina. Not sure who would want the rest!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Lost again today.

They play at Burnley on Wednesday night, which looks like a season decider. Win and they are almost certainly safe, lose and they are in deep trouble.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I wouldn't be surprised if they beat man United on Saturday regardless of the result on Wednesday.

As truly awful as they are, amazingly there are 3 teams worse than them which I believe will be their saving grace

Player
Manager
John King
I agree that they might get something against United. However, Burnley play Norwich in their next game, so if Everton lose on Wednesday they are still in serious trouble.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Currently 2 1 up both penalties given by Mike Dean the 2nd after var told him to look at the replay.

Player
Manager
John King
Deservedly ahead unfortunately, as Burnley can't handle Richarlison.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not looking good for Everton at all. They are hopeless defensively.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Big win for Burnley, 9 games to go makes things interesting

Player
Manager
John King
I thought Everton were the better side, but they have got a defence like a sieve. They are in big trouble.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Shocking defending. Not sure lampard was the right choice for a relegation battle. Should have brought Big Sam back

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Shocking defending. Not sure lampard was the right choice for a relegation battle. Should have brought Big Sam back
Lampard was a dreadful choice, no experience of a relegation battle hasn't convinced as a manager and doesn't look upto the job.

Player
Manager
John King
Lampard was a dreadful choice, no experience of a relegation battle hasn't convinced as a manager and doesn't look upto the job.
I think it was naive of them to play such an open game tonight. When the score was 2-1, or even 2-2, they should have closed the game down and been more compact. A draw would have been a good result for them.

drwhoman

As has been said, a poor way to lose the game and with no Keane and Mina, Godrey was the only senior defender in the back four. Even Burnley scored three! Everton are in huge strife, In a relegation battle, managed by an individual inexperienced in such things. Whether they stay up or go down, they will have to sell their better players to buy in the summer given the Fair Play rules. At the same time they have an autocratic owner without whom the Club would be broke and who they are relying on to finance a new stadium being built at vast expense. Given their history it is understandable that so many fans expect something better but maybe they should not have been so dismissive of the likes of Big Sam and Rafa. If they had stayed longer they might have been able to buy the Club more time to recover. All history now of course.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
I just remember when we went out of the LG some of the Lovely Everton fans said some nice things like hope they never come back and other stupid stuff, would do a club their size no good going down but just to have a giggle at some of their fans would be fun

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They won't go down ut will be the bottom 3 now