• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Everton Loanee

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Just signed a 19 yr old midfielder, George Green, from Everton until the end of the season. A bit late recognising the problems we've suffered from in midfield and a disappointing message to the likes of Ben Jago after making his debut last Saturday.

M

Mal

Why make a negative out of a positive?

In other news, it seems Steve Coppell is looking for a Manager job

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We've signed that many players this season - what does another one matter!? Its probably worth the risk as if he smashes in the winner on Saturday we'll be saying what a great signing !!

The club shop must be running out of new numbers and letters tho to stick on the back of shirts...

M

Mal

You have to admit there have been a high number of injuries and recalls overall. Hardly a recipe for stability. I personally think that Adams needs to have an opportunity to refresh the team at the end of the season and we judge him on his own merit rather than the "silk purse out of sow's ear" players he has had to base team around.

M

Mal

PS Frenchrover, I think being on that other forum has got you as negative as all of them. Please avoid becoming another Goosed!!! LOL

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It must be a positive that the club is still investing to give us every chance. It's welcome to see one of our neighbours is supporting us. George Green is young but has a great reputation and these eight games will be more of an education than a whole season in Everton's development squad. He should be really fired up for it and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. It's no skin off Ben Jago's nose as he'll get another chance soon, I expect.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I will admit I was bemused when I heard we had made another loan signing. However, with the absence of Gardner and Taylor we do need another left-sided player and Green comes with a decent reputation. Hopefully he will have a similar impact as Kennedy and Pennington last season (but this time we stay up).

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No problem with us loaning Green at all, looks promising. Would like to have seen us bring in a defensive midfielder and possibly another central defender though.

Hugill has left us to go on loan to Hartlepool.

Player
Liam Palmer
Nice free kick, I doubt he'll get to take one from that position at Rovers, however!