• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

End of season awards

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Who did everybody vote for ?

I went with the following:

Player of the year - Kieron Morris
Young player of the year - Kane Wilson
Goal of the season - Banks v Peterborough (just ahead of CBT v Shrewsbury)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This was partly influenced by my son but we went with:
Player of year: Davies
Young player of the year: CBT
Goal of the season: Banks v Pboro

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Supporters' player of the year - Kieron Morris.
Supporters' young player of the year - CBT.
Players' player of the year - Liam Ridehalgh.

Good choices, although I went for Wilson for the young player award. It is nice to see Rides get an award after all the criticism he has had over the years.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir

Good choices, although I went for Wilson for the young player award. It is nice to see Rides get an award after all the criticism he has had over the years.
Some have not forgiven him reinvent off in the play off final sadly.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson

I’m delighted for Rides. He’s obviously popular with the rest of the squad. He was a League One player when he joined us and he’s done the full rollercoaster ride with the club. I expect him to see out the rest of his career with us. A rare example of loyalty in the modern game.

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Especially given the lad travelled from by Halifax way to training for all those years. That is unless he’s moved closer in the last 12months?

Alway has a soft spot for the lad just through his commitment, he’ll say himself that he’s not the most gifted LB but he has a decent cross on him and always gives 100% in any position.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes, RLC, it’s ironic, isn’t it? I have always thought he was a decent player who could play anywhere in defence. It’s unfortunate he is often remembered for his early bath at Wembley, but it all turned out well. I often wonder if we would have won with a full team as Rides’ departure seemed to inspire Rovers while deflating BW.

Last edited:

drwhoman

As we all know, the quality and style of football differs between divisions. Ridehalgh obviously finds L1 to his looking whereas other players have struggled when stepping up a level or two. It must be very hard for a Manager, when his team is promoted, to identify who will thrive and who will not, financial circumstances notwithstanding.