• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ellison & Stockdale Arrive

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Just noticed on the official site that Robbie Stockdale & Kevin Ellison have come in.

Anymore info about these players Ian?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Great Signings. Stockdlae is a Scots international and has premiership experience. We all know about Ellison, former Hull player now, chose us over Chester, must have been a difficult desicion!

F

FinnSkin

I remember a few years ago watching Stockings on the telly a few times, playing for Middlesbrough. he didn't have any problems fitting in with the pace and was a good defender, young and promising was my verdict back then. Well, since I'm neither God nor Tarja Halonen, I cannot promise that he lived up to what my illusion was about him. But I'd say he would fit in way better than Goodison at right back :)
As for Ellison, I actually got some good vibes reading different pages on da interrnet about him. He was a favourite at Chester a few years ago (yey! status!). Dunno much about him tho.. guess he's good :)

my first post here, but I've read the forums for a couple of years and I´ve been a big Tranmere-fan for ~15 yrs, so I know I'll be flamed for eventual misspellings and/or bad grammar :)
just kidding, sry...

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
bolton_hater said:
chose us over Chester, must have been a difficult desicion!

According to a few sources Scunthorpe, Chester & Brighton were up for Ellison so he's obviously quite a popular choice.

Excellent day so far today, new player, new fixtures!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Its been quite an exciting day really. All these comings and goings. Going to do my research later on these guys.

Actually quite pleased Jacksons gone too. He became quite stale last season.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Not suprised to hear about Ellison actually as it has been rumoured he is coming here for a week or so now. Just suprised we have paid a fee for him... its undisclosed but I think it's in the region of 50k. Apparently Bristol City were interested in him too.

Robbie Stockdale sounds like a decent signing too and maybe at least we will have a settled right back this season. Both have signed two year deals.

B

Banana Army

Must be a mistake somewhere, we didnt spend money on a player... surely?

Theres only ever gunna be one Ellsion on my wall though...... sorry Kev mate.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Joe_TRFC said:
its undisclosed but I think it's in the region of 50k.

Scunthorpe offered 100k for him so i'm not sure about that.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
nomur said:
I think that's the very reason it's 'undisclosed', to save the egg on Scunthorpe's collective faces.

B

Banana Army

nomur said:

As did Chester. One of the less subtle undisclosed fees IMHO

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It's been reported in the Hull newspapers that the fee was around 50k.

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
:lol: I read that story too.

Check out the Hull fan thought on Kevin leaving Hull

Very Rude comments from the Bear!!! bamby would be very insultedms, leeds
I know he was not the most skilled of players, but at least he had the brains not to join the scunts. it just goes to show how thick Brian Laws is 100k for bamby on ice.The Bear, Hull
You do have a point there MS, couldn't agree more! Dicky, Hull
£50k is a good deal, another season with us and we would have been lucky to get £50. I hope there is a clause in his contract that we get 5k everytime he falls over without anyone near him. The deal will eventually be around 2 million.ms, leeds
Nice one Kev, not only were you crap but your parting shot was to cost us £50K just to get shut! Pretty good deal by all accounts with £100K already on the table (not). We should have offered to throw in payment of his taxi fare to Chester as a sweetener?Dicky, Hull
Old Mr Johnson can look forward to a bumper crop of vegetables this year on his allotment next to Church Road then ?Andy, Brough
I am so glad to see the back of him. He spent most of his time on the floor!!!! AMD, Leeds

I seen him play at this level at Stockport so im sure the fans above arnt completley right because i thought he was a solid player. lets hope he can prove them wrong