• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy 2019-20

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The first part of the draw has been made pitching us against Bury and Salford City. Surely both matches will be winnable. We will also play a northern EPL junior side yet to be announced. I know this competition is a big yawn for most of us, but it's our best chance of silverware and another Wembley appearance next season.

Player
aldo
and it also is very good money for a small comp its better than the kg cup for it as well witch is bonkers . £10k just for winning a group match . is good going . Lincoln made £1m from winning it that was just winnings . from what i have heard

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m afraid because of the presence of the EPL junior sides, I will always view it as a foot in the door on the route to B sides in the FL and stay away.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The first part of the draw has been made pitching us against Bury and Salford City. Surely both matches will be winnable. We will also play a northern EPL junior side yet to be announced. I know this competition is a big yawn for most of us, but it's our best chance of silverware and another Wembley appearance next season.
It is more than a yawn, it is dangerous, for the reasons Boz cites above.

I will reluctantly attend the games against League clubs, and go nowhere near the under-21 game.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
and it also is very good money for a small comp its better than the kg cup for it as well witch is bonkers . £10k just for winning a group match . is good going . Lincoln made £1m from winning it that was just winnings . from what i have heard
The money (peanuts to the EPL clubs) from this competition won't be any consolation when we are playing Liverpool Under-21s in Leagues One and Two.

The lower division supporters who are in favour of this competition in its new format are the equivalent of turkeys voting for Christmas.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
So we have drawn the poorest club in League 1 and the richest in League 2. A club who made it to League 1 by employing players they couldn't afford and a club who have bought a League 2 place. Hmm … I'm not sure I'm much more enthusiastic about either of these than a PL team who shouldn't even be there.