• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Doncaster v Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieDean

well, we haven't scored a league goal for a month and if we don't score in this game then it we'll have gone the whole month of October without a league goal.

Personally I can't see us getting anything from Doncaster. (0-1).

C

ChiefRich

I am suffering similar problems to those you have experienced in the past. I live 15 miles (if that) from Doncaster and am feeling mighty reluctant to make the trip. I have not seen a goal since we played Bradford at home before I returned to Sheffield. I went to Huddersfield and Forest and saw about 2 TRFC shots on target (probably less), spent about £100 on both (inc. food, beer, travel etc).

I also have a big project on at the moment. I don't know if it is worth cramming the work even more than usual this to make the short trip to see the predictable shite.

The only positive of such a trip would be that I should be back home before half 6 and that I have never been to Doncaster before therefore a new ground for the list!

Advice please?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
15 mile away. Gone on, you can almost walk it ;)
Besides, we've got to win away some time soon... :whistle:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
Doncaster 2-3 Tranmere
Greenacre,Zola,Jackson. :lol:
Have you been on the mushrooms mate?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
LMAO!

On a more serious note.

bh prediction; Donnie 2 Rovers 0.

C

ChiefRich

I worked out in one of my more depressed moods that the last away win I went to was April 2004 when Ian Sharps scored at Wrexham and we won 1-0. Would have gone to the 5-1 but had 3 exams in the next 5 days after that so missed out.

Before then, the last away win in the league I remember going to was when we beat Wigan 2-1 in early 2002. Thornton scored a peach then Barlow got the winner.

Away trips are starting to depress me more and more. I think it might be in the interests of Tranmere Rovers for me to stop going to away matches. And a couple of the posts here do give me encouragement to go. BH's more realistic assessment doesn't!

Any more thoughts in light of this new information?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd normally go, but am back in Wirral house-minding this week and after Saturday's showing will most likely give it a miss. Donny are a decent side, recovering after a rocky start, we'd do well to get anything out of the game. It's likely to be the last time we'll play at Belle Vue aka the Earth stadium, as they're moving to a new ground. The away end is an open terrace, though there are a small number of seats allocated in the stands, so maybe the weather will help make the decision.

Personally find that you go through patches in away games. Last season saw 3 wins; Huddersfield, Hartlepool & Wednesday. So far in this one have seen 3 defeats and no goals..not inspiring.

C

championship_here_we_come

just a couple of sonsg for that guy we all love thornton

2) he's short he's fat he is a ginger twat Sean Thornton, Sean Thornton

3) Sean Thornton is a homosexual

6)
Sean Sean wherever you may be,
we know what colour your hair used to be,
you prick, you ****, you potato lovin twat,
put him out of his misery and pass him a ****** hat

7)
we hate the thornton we do
ohh thornton we hate you

EDIT by me: some of the more offensive chants removed to keep everyone happy.

EDIT by me: but afterall if there wasnt any banter between fans and players / fans and fans football would be very boring wouldnt it

DixieDean

championship_here_we_come said:

Hopefully the moderators will remove your offensive post. You really do need to grow up and get a life.

C

DixieDean said:

Hopefully the moderators will remove your offensive post. You really do need to grow up and get a life.

hey its just light hearted i dont really want him to die however if someone did break his legs so he couldnt play again it wouldnt phase me. maybe you have forgot what he did to us

DixieDean

if someone did break his legs so he couldnt play again it wouldnt phase me. maybe you have forgot what he did to us

no i haven't forgotten that a young lad wanted to further his career by joining a bigger club. A young lad who, for all we know, was given advice by his agent to do exactly what he did.

Do you know what it was like for him at Tranmere? Do you know if he was enjoying it? Do you know if he got on with the other players? Do you know how much his wages went up by after he moved? I guess not. I guess all you know is that you hate him for depriving us of his talent.

You should remember that football is a BUSINESS and players can just as easily be dropped by clubs that no longer want them (Loran / Jones / Hall etc). So why shouldn't a player also be able to walk away and look after his own best interests.
Ok, maybe he way misguided (or misled) in the way he went about it, but it's history now and yet you are talking about the lad as though he has done you intentional physical harm.

I'm personally disappointed by your attitude towards a fellow human being who has done nothing more than look after his own interests for the good of his career.

Anyhow, we all know if he was still here Brian would be playing him at right back :D

C

players leave and i dont hate them ie hume, taylor, koumas, mahon, hill, etc

however the situtaion we thornton was different as he was actaully training with the sunderland team whilst still under contractwith us

i have no problem with players wanting to leave to further thier career

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
what was wrong with that post.

people onthis forum were writing songs about paul hallonce vefore chesterfield and everyone laughed it off. sothat post isnt offensive I;ve heard much worse songs.

lol :lol: CHWC!

C

bolton_hater said:
what was wrong with that post.

people onthis forum were writing songs about paul hallonce vefore chesterfield and everyone laughed it off. sothat post isnt offensive I;ve heard much worse songs.

lol :lol: CHWC!

notice i have removed number 1 4 and 5 they were the most offensive
one)was to the tune of "the days of christmas"
four)was to the tune of "winter wonderland"
five) was to the tune of 'she'll be coming round the mountain'

i leave you to invent some words so that i dont offend anyone

DixieDean said:
Ian said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
Doncaster 2-3 Tranmere
Greenacre,Zola,Jackson. :lol:
Have you been on the mushrooms mate?

yeah i know....he must be cos there's no way Zola will score :D :D

i might of got carried away,but i spoke to BL the other night and he told me his ideas for the game!i am not prepared to divulge every bit of his tactics but he has said that i can give the fans a view of the team(providing everyone is fit)!
here goes.........................

..............................................15.Goodison

..............10.Greenacre......8.Rankine......14.Facey......9.Zola(c)

..........4.Jackson.............5.Sharps............1.Achterberg......17.Linwood

.......................................19.O'Leary........3.Roberts

na only kidding..................

..........................................1.Achterberg

...............17.Linwood.......4.Jackson(c)....5.Sharps......15.Goodison

...............12.Jennings.......19.O'Leary......8.Rankine.....3.Roberts

......................................14.Facey.....10.Greenacre...........
and that's all am givin' away!

Status
Not open for further replies.