• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dino Seremet.

M

mikeo32

New on loan keeper from Luton, was pretty impressive i thought today.

The defence let him down on a few occasions today but a good keeper.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Seems very confident and relaxed. Not so sure about that second goal. Hard to tell after only 1 game though.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Ian said:
Seems very confident and relaxed. Not so sure about that second goal. Hard to tell after only 1 game though.

It shouldn't have got to the point were he needed to make a save. The ball wasn't cleared properly. Other than their goals he didn't have to do much else did he?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Alot quicker than Wilson, dont know if hes better than achterberg, but hes good. Couldnt help the 1st goal I dont think, dont think Wilson would have kept the 2nd one out.

Seems like a good keeper.

evo_trfc

i agree with bolton hater he does look better than Wilson the save in which he tipped it around the post was brilliant

I dont believe he is as good as Achterberg because i rate him highly but achterberg is 34 so he aint getting any younger so i woulnt be surprised if we saw another keeper arrive at prenton park

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
The only thing I know about Dino Seremet is he played a stormer on loan to Doncaster when they beat Villa 3-0 in the cup in November. He's only 25 so he's a long way to go but he's aff to a pretty good start.

Achterberg is a long way from being finished, but it might not do any harm if we tried to hold onto him for another bit :D

M

Matthew The Rover

Right, after not even knowing who Dino was at 4:45 on Monday, I decided to take a look into who he was and right a little artical for my site on him. So here is what I've come up with, hope it helps:

So who is Dino Seremet? No, really!

Story by Matthew Jones 4 January 2006

Like a number of others I'm sure, I turned up at Prenton Park on Monday to find a player I had never set eye apon in a Tranmere shirt before.

I had heard rumours on other forums that Tranmere had landed a new goal keeper on loan for one month, but I didn't trust them, as niether the official Tranmere Rovers site nor the Text Service that the club runs telling fans all the latest news had brought me the news.

However, there he was, warming up with Eric Nixon and Phil Palethorpe at the Kop end on Monday and there he was again at 3:00 with a Green goalkeeper's jersey on bearing the number 30 and "Seremet" on the back.

So my eyes couldn't be decieving me, and the rumours were true, Tranmere had indeed signed a goalkeeper on loan - unless it was Theo again or Steve Wilson on stilts with a fake tan and hair die.

So, I'm now going to take a brief look into this mystery goalkeeper.

Dino Seremet is a 25 year-old Slovenian who was second choice goalkeeper to Marlon Beresford at Luton Town (Coca-Cola Championship) before his loan move to Tranmere.

Last season, the giant 193cm tall keeper managed just six league starts and a seventh as sub whilst making one F.A. Cup appearence.

He also spent time on loan at Doncastor Rovers (League One) this season, making one league start and one league cup start. In these two games he kept two clean sheets and was involved in the League Cup giant killing of Aston Villa which finished 3-0 to Doncastor.

However, injury prevented any further appearences for Doncastor and he has been unable to make an appearence since returning to Luton.

Dino arrived at Prenton Park just two or so hours before Rovers kicked off on Monday against Rotherham, which Tranmere won 3-2.

The Slovan impressed Rovers fans with his quick throw-outs and kicking and an impressive save from a Rotherham free-kick.

Although he couldn't have prevented Rotherham's first goal, he maybe could have done better on their second. However, he could be one to look out for, but Jonny A looks better.

So there you have it, that's who Dino Seremet is!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Looked ok to me. Don't know whether he could have saved the 2nd... but should have been cleared first.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

He looks good hes got alot of ability and I feel we should keep him until the end of the season because if Acto gets injured again I dont want that Wilson back in again

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Dino's Loan period has been extended for another 2 months according to our wonderful official website.

Good news I think. But does it mean that Achto's going to be out for longer than expected?

:?: :?:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think Achto's still got a couple of weeks remaining on the sidelines and I don't think he will be rushed back in action... he'll probably be back late February. I think Dino's done well... and 4 clean sheets in 5 games shows that. I'd liked to think we could maybe sign him permanently at the end of the season. Apparently Luton can recall him though if they need him during those 2 months.

evo_trfc

I wouldnt mind seeing him signed permently hes done a great job and id rather have him as a back up to Achterberg than Wilson. Great save against Bradford, and eventually he will replace Achterberg

Achterberg is now a coach at Tranmere so he will be coaching Dino soon

M

Matthew The Rover

It's good news but do you think he's been watching Jonny A kick in training?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
evo_trfc said:
Achterberg is now a coach at Tranmere so he will be coaching Dino soon
What do you mean exactly? That's he got his coaching badges? That he's mentoring the other goalkeepers? If one or both of those then I'd agree. If you mean he's taken Eric Nixon's job as goalkeeping coach, I haven't heard anything about that.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Achterberg is indeed a coach for the goalkeepers at the club. Big Eric is only around a couple of hours a week so Johnny A takes most of the training sessions and has some of his badges.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

SCooperSomersaults said:
Achterberg is indeed a coach for the goalkeepers at the club. Big Eric is only around a couple of hours a week so Johnny A takes most of the training sessions and has some of his badges.

Good to hear that once he gets too old to play which could be years away that he will stay as our goal keeping coach I want Johnny is stay forever he is a living legend