• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dave Hickson

drwhoman

RIP Dave, I am not sure how many on the site will recall seeing Dave play (BBTC?). A real old fashioned centre forward who could get pretty fired up at times! Obviously passed his best when he joined Rovers but he was still a goal threat. He played just prior to the glorious Dave Russell inspired 60s era.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
I agree with drwhoman, Dave may have been past his best days when he came across the water but he never failed to give his all for the Rovers in his time with the club. RIP Dave and thanks for your time with the Rovers.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Dave was the last player to turn out for all three senior Merseyside clubs and is remembered fondly by all of them. He was a genuine goalscoring centre-forward and a real crowd favourite because of his ability "to give as good as he got" from defenders. You can see this on the clip of Rovers v Chelsea (1963) on YouTube. He was so popular that when he had left Rovers to join a non-league club (I think it was Ellesmere Port), when he returned to play against Rovers Reserves in the Cheshire League, there was a huge crowd (including me).