• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Danny Lloyd

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Danny Lloyd has been given an award by the PFA for his work in the community

I’m really impressed that he has achieved this after less than a full season with us. Given his reputation with our fans before he arrived, his performances both on and off the field have been an eye opener.

Last edited:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
but we need to get him on an improved long deal and a few others
Yes, I agree. But what would you do if you were a Rovers player out of contract in June? I expect the better ones would wait to see what division we were in next season. If we got promoted, they would ask for more money. If not, the younger, more ambitious ones might look elsewhere. Similarly, Mark will have prepared at least two budgets - one for League Two, the other for League One. It's all too uncertain for the club and the players. However, I'll bet the club has been offering deals to the likes of Lloyd, Woolery and Khan.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would imagine that there is also too much uncertainty regarding season ticket sales, and the reopening of Prenton Park, to issue contracts at present.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Fair play to him for his community work.

as for his contract, as RLC says there is too much uncertainty at the moment. That said, I can’t imagine he’s one of the bigger earners and he may fall into the category of if we don’t go up, give him another year. If we do go up, is he league one quality?

I’m not sure....although again you could give him another year and see if he made the step up

Player
Manager
John King
I think he has been quite inconsistent to be honest, although he certainly has talent. He does seem to have underlying fitness issues, although being in and out of the side a lot won't have helped in that regard.

His community work is outstanding however, so fair play to him for that.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Danny’s a good player, think he’s been in and out of the side partly down to Keith’s mentality and partly down to fitness issues. For example of the former the Colchester game where he was subbed just after scoring a penalty and looking full of beans. There are some games where he’s been very quiet. He’s certainly be an asset in this league if we don’t go up. In the meantime credit to him for the community work.

Player
Manager
John King
Danny’s a good player, think he’s been in and out of the side partly down to Keith’s mentality and partly down to fitness issues. For example of the former the Colchester game where he was subbed just after scoring a penalty and looking full of beans. There are some games where he’s been very quiet. He’s certainly be an asset in this league if we don’t go up. In the meantime credit to him for the community work.
Yes, ultimately I would keep him whatever division we are in next season.