• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dale Jennings

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Very interesting. He's making progress.

As an aside, I see he is still struggling to learn German after nearly a year over there. How come all the foreign players here in Britain speak such good English - better than some natives?

drwhoman

Two things I think here BBTCS. Firstly, while Dale's education would have been very basic, you would anticipate being able to learn the vernacular in a foreign country to get by in life if nothing else. In that sense, a lot of German people speaking English probably does not help him to become a local. Secondly, I think a lot of Europeans speak English because it is important to do so being the world language. I recall from my own school days long ago there was never a huge incentive to learn French or German, unless you had a particular liking or aptitude for it (I did not!) as the world spoke English!!

Player
Liam Palmer
Glad to see him doing well, I see he's in the Bayern Amateure team every week now. I hope he sticks it out because there's no better place to learn about football than Germany.

The language thing must be frustrating. The reason foreigners speak English so well is that they learn the language in school from a very early age and that in most European countries they are exposed to British/English/American culture through music, films and the internet. There is an aspiration to learn to speak English.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Latest on Dale in 2012/13

You never hear anything much about Dale Jennings nowadays, so I was pleased to pick up this on the web.
http://footballscope.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/dale-jennings-bayern-fc-bayern-munchen.html
A local lad from Eastham, Liam Scarth, has put together an article about him this season and posted a few match clips. In the first one he scores a goal, then hits the bar and finally misses a sitter. Meanwhile, the Bayern fans seem to have taken to him and you can hear them chanting his name. You can miss the first two minutes and the last one. The German commentator's style is interesting. He never stops talking for five minutes.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I see Dale Jennings has left Bayern to join Barnsley. The reported fee is just £250,000, so I don't think we'd get any sell-on money!

Also on the move is Calvin Zola from Burton to Aberdeen on a free.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't think he ever really settled in Germany. I would have liked to have kept him for a season or two longer. Thought he was such an exciting prospect.

Great to see him back in England. Going to keep an eye on his progress.