• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dale Jennings

luke_bfc

hello everyone

I am a Barnsley FC fan and i have heard that Barnsley and Tranmere have agreed a fee for Dale Jennings for £450k

and I was just wondering What are your views on Jennings?
Is 450k a fair price?
and Is he any good or at least good enough for the Championship?

Good Luck this season and in the future as well!

£450K would be a decent deposit, Jennings is worth much more than that now and will be worth even more again in the future.

If our owner takes that low a fee, and all he does is pocket the cash - not a penny will be spent on the team, more will recognise him for the mean spirited, greedy grasping lying ******* he is.

Best wishes to Barnsley though, cheers.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Interesting. I still think it's a little bit early for the lad, but if both clubs have agreed a fee.. 450k sounds about right given the circumstances. Clubs wont want to shell out a great deal on someone with very limited experience, it's still a risk for someone so young. And of course, given Tranmere's poor finances it wouldn't take a great deal of money to prise him away.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
He's a good prospect but to fulfil his potential he needs to be in the hands of a top coach who will teach him the other areas of the game where he is still lacking.

Good ball control, skill, excellent right footed shots and he can get up for a header.

Definately needs to be in a team that play attacking football along the floor as he's wasted doing anything else

Player
Goodison
I heard we turned down a bid for 450k, god knows why he would go to Barnsley... he's better off staying here.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Surely he wont go to Barnsley!!

Yes in the Championship but as he is still so young and probably lives at home, I cant see him going to a club like that (no offense).

If it was someone like Forest, or Leicester etc you could understand it but not Barnsley.

They can have Cathalina if they want for 450k....

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Would be very surprised if this happened.

Barnsley have a decent young manager, albeit one who doesn't appreciate the talents of Iain Hume, but aren't likely to progress further than the Championship. If Hammill goes, they'll have money, but their boss has said that would be getting in a like-for-like replacement, rather than a good prospect like Dale. More likely to go to a promotion challenger in the Championship or a Prem club, methinks.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks for the link, some good reading there. But at least this is a little more promising to read.

Rovers have received informal enquiries about Jennings but Parry is adamant the club are in solid financial shape and will not listen to silly offers for a player they feel has a very bright future. We have not got the bank banging on our door and we are not in court with the taxman after us, added Parry. That helps to reduce the need to sell and increases the price of any of our players that another club wants to buy."

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It seems a bit weird that Les agreed to that interview given the interest it will arouse. A bit naive maybe ? Or just a clever attempt to up the asking price ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd say the latter as they would definitely sell if the price is right.

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
A few months have gone by and he is already attracting 'interest' from major clubs. I wonder if United will do a 'Coppell' and take him off your hands.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Apprentice of the Year

I see Jenno has won the Football League apprentice of the year ahead of Oxlade-Chamberlain and Baldock. The judges praised his determination after setbacks and his off-the-field behaviour. His acceptance speech makes him sound a modest lad.

I am really pleased for him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well done Jenno =D>

drwhoman

How come there is some suggestion that we will sell Jennings for GBP450k when there is talk of people paying GBP10m for Oxlaide-Chamberlain who Dale beat in the poll? I know polls are polls and it all depends on the buyers perception of potential but there does seem a huge discrepancy. I know it might be argued that Southampton are a bigger club than us despite their recent financial problems and thus are able to negotiate more strongly. I think they sold Walcott for GBP9m? However,.......

In my view Rovers should sit tight and see what happens - it does need a few more top performances from Dale though to up the price. As is usually the case with our starlets there has been little interest from across the Mersey. Maybe they think he is too slight or something but he is only 17. Liverpool have probably put their money on Sterling, the former QPR teenager, to come through but time will tell if they are right.

Incidentally, St Marys is a very nice stadium and certainly superior to most grounds in Div One.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There is no suggestion we will sell Dale for £450,000 as we rejected a larger bid in january for him.

The problem with his valuation is that after this season he only has 12 months left on his contract so if he doesnt sign the extension we have little option but to accept a lower bid.

As for chamberlain he has 3 years left on his contract after this season and also has the likes of arsenal & man united after him and has played for england u21's so hence the big valuation.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There's still a lot of work for Dale to do before we start looking at bigger fees. The guy's been injured for a few weeks now and it's been a while since we've seen some magic from him, we need some more ASAP please Dale.

Let's not forget as well, he was largely anonymous just before his injury as teams cottoned on to him and marked him out of games.

Just don't think we should get too carried away yet.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ian is right - I was actually surprised Dale got this ahead of Oxdale-Soup who has played a lot more games, for England U21s, and been in the press a lot more with Wenger saying he wants him. Even Sam Baldock for MK Dons has had a decent season and scored a hat trick a couple of wks ago. Both I thought would be ahead of him.

Maybe I am being unfair to the lad but apart from say 5/6 good games where he scored some spectacular goals, he hasnt done a great deal else. As Ian says teams got wise to him and then he got injured.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
You may have missed that Luton have just sold a 16 year old striker, Cauley Woodrow, to Fulham. I understand the fee is £700,000 with add-ons to take it into seven figures. Woodrow is clearly something special, but has no league experience. It makes you wonder that if a cash-strapped non-league club like Luton can get such a fee for a 16 year old, we should be able to get a decent fee for Dale Jennings.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
The mail are saying that bayern are interested in jenno today lol...