• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dale Jennings

O

OneNightInGayParis

Let's start hoping the euro strengthens against the pound ....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow.. Well, if Rovers turned down 600k and are now considering a bid from the German giants, I wonder how much they would be willing to throw down?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Probably not much more tbh

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
I reckon 750k, tops to be honest, maybe a sell-on clause too, but that would be about it....

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I am not taking Bayerns interest seriously.

He only played about 6 good games last season, certainly no more than 10. After his injury he was totally ineffective for a while.

A good prospect but Bayern Munich ? No chance.

More likely a top end Championship club or mid/low end premiership team will snap him up or wait for his contract to run out next season.

M

Mal

How is it members of this forum can take any positive and convert it skilfully into a negative?

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
For me, he is a complete player with his own personality and that does not happen at such a young age very often !

I would say 2 million if it gets into a bidding war ,why not ,how many more players who look decent are available and can actually play .

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I am not taking Bayerns interest seriously.
He only played about 6 good games last season, certainly no more than 10. .

6 good games in that side is a miner miracle

when i have seen him he does not get the service to get the ball down and play

have you all forgotten ...we play hooofball...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
when i have seen him he does not get the service to get the ball down and play

have you all forgotten ...we play hooofball...
A very good point. Sometimes completely wasted on the wing.

Player
Goodison
Yeah, Jennings isn't helped by the ball being played to him 50 yards in the air and Parry playing him so deep he may as well be a wing back.

Have to agree with amplesou

Too many of our supporters seem small minded at times. Judging Jennings and his potential value seems to cause headaches.

Ultimately he is worth what we get for him - but he is worth a lot. If he was with Southampton then the figures guessed at would be much higher. Oxlade-C may go for millions - but for a couple of million you could buy Tranmere Rovers - take Jennings to your team and either dump the rest or sell it to get some money back. You cant do that with Southampton - and thats why they will get a lot more for him than we will get for Jennings.

On Jennings himself I think that he is without any doubt the most exciting player in the division and has so much potential. He has shone in a poor attacking team who do not play to his strengths and at times I think Cresswell refused to play to him, but rather crowded his position only giving him the ball when no other option was on.

Cresswell will move on and I wish him well he is a talented left back with improvement in him. But Jennings has a really really big future. And why not further it with our teutonic chaps at Bayern. They are no mugs and will surely be able to teach him the game at a much higher level if they like the look of him on a loan period. Better them than getting splinters in your ar-e at a short term short sighted english club.

Good luck Jenno - I think you are going to be a star.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Despite some of the negative comments on here, if the deal came off it would be an incredible coup for Tranmere Rovers, which would have a major impact on our ability to attract other youngsters, just at a time when the Premier League are trying to make it impossible for lower division clubs to run youth systems.

However, I do fear that the move has come way too early for Dale, and he could be completely lost at a club like Bayern. Anybody remember Alan Mahon's dream move to Sporting Lisbon ?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
other reasons for oxlade-chamberlain being valued a lot more than dale are that he has 3 years left on his contract dale has 1 year left & has already been capped at under 21 international level

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
However, I do fear that the move has come way too early for Dale, and he could be completely lost at a club like Bayern. Anybody remember Alan Mahon's dream move to Sporting Lisbon ?

Dale does not need to develop he is his own man ... and is already developed imop..

Alan Mahon situation no comparison to this imop...

Situation is more comparable to Wayne Rooney ( also a very exceptional tallent ) than am....surely

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Nah, it's not comparable to Wayne Rooney. If Jenno goes to a Premiership club he'll be playing reserve team football. Better standard of training though. Depends where he goes.

Player
Goodison
Jennings should sign a 5 year contract at Tranmere, stay for at least another season to learn his trade and then go - allowing the club to gain a much higher fee for him. If Jennings goes now I doubt he will furfill any of his potential as he will just play reserves until he's 22/23.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Agreed, RTID. If I were Jennings, I would stay for another year. That would give him guaranteed first-term football, allow him to develop and get him a transfer to the best possible club. The best he could hope for next season is a few games of Championship football or being stuck in the reserves of a big club. Time is on his side.

If I were Tranmere, I'd encourage Jenno to stay and get the benefit from him in the team next season. There would be compensation at the end of the season - or they could sell him in the January transfer window.

Does anyone know how much compensation we might get if Dale leaves next summer?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Does anyone know how much compensation we might get if Dale leaves next summer?

It would depend how well he plays next season, but financially letting his contract run out would be a stupid thing to do.

"Dale should sign a 5 yeard contract" lol, why would he?