• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dagnall Goes To Rochdale

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Official Site has posted that Chris Dagnall has signed a 2 year deal with Rochdale for £25k with an additional payment and a sell on clause.

Best of luck mate, lets hope you get some regular footy :D :D

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
What? Why? :?:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
From the look of Matt's avatar he like Daggers. I did too, but unfortunately there seems to be lots of players ahead of him in the pecking order. As much as I would have liked to have kept him, is it fair to stop the development of the lad sitting playing reserve football when he could prosper at a side like Rochdale as maybe their lead striker now, after Holt was sold yesterday.

Good luck Daggers mate! :)

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
That's exactly what I thought. He needs the opportunity to develop and he'll get that at Rochdale. It's sad to see any decent player go but I'm sure he'd be happier playing first team football. There's too many contenders for the frontline at the moment. :D

S

Seanyb

I would of preferred to see him go out on loan, but oh well, good luck to him.

B

Banana Army

Good luck to him, but he never really showed any of the promise that we all saw 3 seasons ago.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
big mistake!

he is a gereat striker and is scoring fun in the reserves, he should have been used more, so theres a player forced out of the club!

still good luck to him though.

S

Steele's Field

I dont think it's a smart move by tranmere letting go a good player like dagger's, I just dont see the point, ok we got a small sum for him and saved a bit on his wage's which wouldn't be a lot, but I will be totally pissed off if they bring in an old has been that know one else wants. I hope he's a success at dale and gets treated better than at the Rover's.
So that lead's onto who Tranmere are going to bring in :?: I wont go to much off topic but come on Tranmere pull your finger's out and dig deep we need some better player's and quick.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
25,000 smackaroos now for a player that's fifth choice, and who could have walked off for nothing at the end of his contract. Seems good sense to me. Plus the sell-on clause is bound to give us some return if he's as good as we all seem to agree he is.

Yes I thought he was a good player, and a good prospect, but he needed to make his breakthrough a season or so ago, or it was never going to happen with us. So I wish him all the very best and hope that he scores for fun down one division, as I'm sure he will.

Player
Morrisey
Either he will turn into a special player and Rochdale will sell him and we will get a good sell on clause, or he will not turn into anything special and we will have just got 25,000 for an average player. IMO it is quite good business. The lad will have wanted to play regular footy and he will get that now.

Good luck Daggers.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I never rated the lad but didn't think he was ever given enough of a chance.

He should get a bagful in League 2.

Good luck to you Daggers.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
hmmm... strange. I don't see why we would have spoken publicaly about the deal if he is only on loan. The deal sounds fairly good for a player who only gets in the reserves and could leave for nothing at the end of his contract.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
If the Rochdale website takes as much care and thought over its articles as our own (also PremiumTV network) website, then I wouldn't be surprised if there are some factual errors or poor choice of wordings in there. I also wouldn't be surprised if the person writing the articles knows as much about HTML as a pet gerbil.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Have to be honest, I'm not happy with this. aside from the other Chris, Daggers was our best natural goalscorer, did quite well last season, hardly given a look in this. Setting aside Greenacre, Facey is patchy at best, Zola not a prolific scorer & injury prone and the manager prefers playing Steve Davies as a left winger. On the money front, any cash we get in doesn't seem to get directed to new players and given his age, we'd have probably got a small fee at tribunal if he'd left at the end of the season.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Apparently... Dagnall has signed loan papers with Rochdale just for a week so he can play in their next game and then he will sign for real next week. Thats why Rochdale site said on loan.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I feel we have made a mistake in selling Daggers but good luck to him at Rochdale he's got a hard job filling Grant Holt's boots but I would of loved to of seen Daggers to develop at the rovers but I wish him all the best at Rochdale