• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cup draw

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Watford away, not exactly a glamour tie

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If they play a weakened team, we might be capable of getting a result. Oldham won at Fulham last season.

Not great, but preferable to Peterborough.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Shame it's not at home but there's a chance we could get something from the game.

Reactions: Boz
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A home tie might have seen us on TV again, but I think this is not a good draw. The attendance will be poor and our chances won't be great, although I'd like to see how we play against Watford Reserves!

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
A home tie might have seen us on TV again, but I think this is not a good draw. The attendance will be poor and our chances won't be great, although I'd like to how we play against Watford Reserves!
It is not great but we will take a big following and it should be a decent day out.

I remember our last game there in 2001, which was Graham Taylor's last home match before retirement. Despite their recent years in the PL, they are a similar club to us in many ways.

Player
Manager
John King
So we’re playing the runners up in the FA Cup last season... & disappointed with the draw Let’s remind a moment to our National League days, plus Bury, Bolton & Wrexham‘s plight right now.... We’re doing ok I think
I am looking forward to the game, but I think people are purely considering the finances. It is not a game changer in the way the Spurs match was. But yes, it should be a good day out.

Player
aldo
well if there still struggling at the base of the prem . they will play there kids . and you never know we might get it done . would not bother me if we got a draw . but a win is what i wont . i will be there even if i have to get a home ticket

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
From the financial side it's disappointing, best prospect is getting a draw at their place and a televised replay. The Hornets priority is Premiership survival, so they'll most likely field a weakened side and we'll have a chance, but no more than that. I saw us lose at Vicarage Road, 3-2 in the early 90s. Do away fans still get sent on a mile detour around allotments to get to their end?