• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Cumbrians v Rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Love watching that third goal. Such good quality all round. Also nice to hear from some Carlisle supporters saying we were the best team they’ve played at home this season.

Last edited:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes, it is good to hear sensible dialogue but then we haven't the same rivalry we have with Bolton, Oldham etc. Also, we were complimentary about the way they played at PP earlier in the season. To say Carlisle were one of the best sides to visit us - even though they lost - was quite a compliment.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
FGR currently one nil down at home to Southend, Newport drawing at Walsall.

drwhoman

Good news re FGR. Stats show that Southend had 3 shots on target - 3 goals. The top of the league is very tight. No surprise that we have to keep winning!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent result. Shows we all have off days.

Player
aldo
must be the thought of that coffee shell shirt they will be wearing, or maybe the bamboo one now is getting woody lol

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Amazing. I never thought 3-0 to the bottom team away to the championship favourites. It gives hope to us all, but warns against any complacency. It also explains our results in recent games. "Expect the Unexpected" is the League Two motto this season. ;)

drwhoman

Amazing. I never thought 3-0 to the bottom team away to the championship favourites. It gives hope to us all, but warns against any complacency. It also explains our results in recent games. "Expect the Unexpected" is the League Two motto this season. ;)
I agree BBTC - the moral may well be - do not be complacent because you are playing the bottom team! Southend are a team with a long history and they will not want to fall into the NL. As a general historic observation - it seems more likely that clubs in the north will endure that drop rather than those in the south - more money I suppose.