• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Cumbrians v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We face a tough trip to Brunton Park on Tuesday, as we aim to reignite our promotion push after a couple of disappointing results.

Carlisle are currently in patchy form following a series of postponements, but are clearly one of the better sides in the division judging by their performance at Prenton Park earlier in the season. However, having dropped points at home, we really need to take at least four points from this game and the Orient fixture. A defeat would see us in a minor slump, and if we don't pick up results this week there is a danger we will slip out of contention for the automatic promotion places, with the top two powering on at the moment and a whole host of clubs in with a chance of taking third place.

In terms of selection, I would replace Morris with Lloyd but would be expect us to be otherwise unchanged.

We could really do with a victory.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It wont happen but I would bring Ray in ahead of Monthe, I don't think we have been as solid recently.

I'm going for an away win 2 1

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree that this game along with Orient and then Newport are tough but we need a decent points tally from those games to keep our position in the top 3 front runners.
I’d also expect very little changes but if fit then Lloyd must start although Morris did ok yesterday. Agree with Mart that there is an argument to give Ray a start after his Oxford performance and we haven’t looked as solid of late. Suspect Keith likes having a left footed centre half like Manny to give some balance but we should use the squad to increase competition for places.

I was also impressed with Carlisle at PP and they had a real physical aspect to them so we’ll have to be up for the battle (hopefully they won’t have anyone sent off!)

Prediction: Hopefully we start the match better than we did yesterday. Can see us taking a point.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I thought Morris did well on his return and would be wary of ditching him for Lloyd, unless certain that Danny is over his illness and 100% fit. Most likely an unchanged side from the weekend. Hard to gauge how this game will go, two decent teams not currently at their best for differing reasons.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't think Morris did anything wrong yesterday but I think Lloyd gives us the spark that we were lacking.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I would definitely have Lloyd for his work rate. He fits into how we want to play, not that Morris did anything wrong, but I think we get more out of Lloyd and he's in good form too. No reason why we can't go there looking for the three points. If they want promotion, they have to go out there and earn it. Let's hope we see a real good battling performance and make it difficult for the home side.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm confident we will put up a good show and give Carlisle a good game. This is the most important game of the next three that we need to win, as Carlisle have so many games in hand.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't think Morris did anything wrong yesterday but I think Lloyd gives us the spark that we were lacking.

I would definitely have Lloyd for his work rate. He fits into how we want to play, not that Morris did anything wrong, but I think we get more out of Lloyd and he's in good form too. No reason why we can't go there looking for the three points. If they want promotion, they have to go out there and earn it. Let's hope we see a real good battling performance and make it difficult for the home side.
I'm a bit conflicted about this. Can see the attraction in an immediate recall for Danny Lloyd if he's fully fit, but Kieron Morris was one of our better players on the day and involved in the build-up for the first goal. Is there a way we can accommodate both in the line-up?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I'm a bit conflicted about this. Can see the attraction in an immediate recall for Danny Lloyd if he's fully fit, but Kieron Morris was one of our better players on the day and involved in the build-up for the first goal. Is there a way we can accommodate both in the line-up?

Lloyd has chipped in with a few goals but it may depend if Hill is happy with Morris in a front 3 meaning Feeney in the middle 3 whereas Lloyd will certainly be in a front 3. A few of the SWA have recently questioned the form of Lewis but again I can’t see hill making more than one or two changes.

Player
Manager
John King
I think we need Lewis in this game for his height and workrate, as Carlisle are massive and quite physical.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The weather forecast is not great for Carlisle so I hope the game goes ahead.

Out of interest, Carlisle are playing Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday over the Easter weekend because of their fixture backlog.

weather forecast is shocking up there for when the game is on. 40mph winds and heavy rain

Player
Manager
John King
Lloyd replaces Morris, Nelson in for O'Connor at right back, and Ray starts with Monthe apparently injured.

Interesting changes which suggest Keith has not been happy with our defending.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Fair enough as we have looked far from sold lately

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think that’s harsh on O’Connor, who did ok defensively on Saturday, while we’ve seen Nelson at right-back before and it didn’t work. Are we sure it’s a back four rather than wing-backs?