• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

CREWE V TRANMERE

Player
aldo
we have sold are 1600 tickets magnificent as all ways . lets hope the boys put in the effort now crewe are on a bad run lets get there and get back to playing good attacking footie . think the will have been told no end that saturday was not good enough . so will hope they want to put it right 3-0 connor getting 2 and the goal machine getting his usual one

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
I would be happy with a solid 2-0. Defence has ben superb for the majority of the season, but has just let 3 in against a conference south team, so hopefully that will give them a bit of a reality check.

I will go for Mullin and Nors to both notch

Player
aldo
get the feeling ben TOLLITT needs to be let go on lone he needs time away from the club feels like he will be released in the summer sutch a shame as has loads of promise

Player
aldo
yes we did let 3 goals in but not often do your whole team play as bad as that it could have been 8-9 and it wouldnt have flatterd them . it wont happen again

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
My first away game this season. Crewe aren't in the best of form, having lost their last 5 games, though the last was in the Checkatrade. I don't recognise many of the names in their squad, Jordan Bowery the only one I can remember seeing playing. There will be a good turnout from the SWA, some infiltrating the home end due to a lack of tickets.

It will be interesting to see what changes Micky makes after last week's disappointing showing v Oxford. McCulloch back in is a given. Zoum back at left-back, with Buxton replacing Caprice on the right are the other most likely changes. maybe Gilmour into midfield.

Prediction: Spoils shared.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
My first away game this season.
I now feel strangely nervous about this fixture !

Crewe are in the middle of a poor run and their manager is under pressure, but their home form has been decent this season. They have got some good players like Chris Porter, Bowery and Charlie Kirk, who impressed in the Checkatrade game earlier in the season. I think it will be a tough game. We have certainly got a poor record at Gresty Road: I have been going there for thirty years, but can only remember one victory, the 4-1 game in 1998 when Scott Taylor scored an unexpected brace.

In terms of team selection, I agree with Boz that McCulloch and Zoum will be back in, but I doubt Buxton will keep his place. He was very poor last Saturday whereas Caprice has been in good form for weeks now. It is difficult to guess whether Cole or Gilmour will start, or even if Micky will be tempted to revert to a 442. If we stick with the 4231 I would personally like Smith to be selected ahead of Mullin, who does not give us natural balance on the right side of the attack.

A major improvement is required on last week's showing, and surely we will get one. If we are serious about promotion we need to win.

Reactions: Boz
Player
ian goodison
I would stick with caprice at full back only for his pace I know bucko was out of position against oxford but he looked knackered in the 2nd half, I,d keep mullin in as there seems to be a goal likely from him

Player
aldo
i know that mm had them locked in and seven stripes of em last week was told they where in there an hour and half. a proper roasting by all accounts . so i would expect a massive improvment . they cant play eney worse than last week . as i said the lot of them where tosh . think it will be 2-0 3-1 can see connor getting some now he is on fire

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I have been going there for thirty years, but can only remember one victory, the 4-1 game in 1998 when Scott Taylor scored an unexpected brace.
It's a bit of a bogey ground that one and I was certainly getting sick if visiting coming away with nothing. We were never in our best form there, playing quite poorly, so let's hope that changes on Saturday. I cannot make the game, so they will probably win now. :rolleyes:

Player
aldo
i always remember being 4-0 up in 15 or 20 mins once . that was old tranmere this is the new we will win be positive . i am going to oxford. they where brilliant last saturday . but i think mm will want the real tranmere not the one that was on show last week . the plus side for rovers at the moment is that we have scored 10 in 3 games and at least now connor is scoring so would be great to see him get some and take the presure of norwood .

Stickman

Player
Aldo
we have sold are 1600 tickets magnificent as all ways . lets hope the boys put in the effort now crewe are on a bad run lets get there and get back to playing good attacking footie . think the will have been told no end that saturday was not good enough . so will hope they want to put it right 3-0 connor getting 2 and the goal machine getting his usual one

There should be at least 1601 there. Thanks to a friend who works for one of the sponsors, I will be in the Director's Box!

Stickman

Player
Aldo
I now feel strangely nervous about this fixture !

Crewe are in the middle of a poor run and their manager is under pressure, but their home form has been decent this season. They have got some good players like Chris Porter, Bowery and Charlie Kirk, who impressed in the Checkatrade game earlier in the season. I think it will be a tough game. We have certainly got a poor record at Gresty Road: I have been going there for thirty years, but can only remember one victory, the 4-1 game in 1998 when Scott Taylor scored an unexpected brace.

In terms of team selection, I agree with Boz that McCulloch and Zoum will be back in, but I doubt Buxton will keep his place. He was very poor last Saturday whereas Caprice has been in good form for weeks now. It is difficult to guess whether Cole or Gilmour will start, or even if Micky will be tempted to revert to a 442. If we stick with the 4231 I would personally like Smith to be selected ahead of Mullin, who does not give us natural balance on the right side of the attack.

A major improvement is required on last week's showing, and surely we will get one. If we are serious about promotion we need to win.

I remember a 2-0 victory with The Chief scoring both goals.

A 2-2 draw in 1990 with Jim Steel scoring a superb volley also sticks out.

Player
aldo
Positive is the word . Apart from the a crap performance last week we have been playing really good stuff also scoring 10 in 3 games and spread abt the team to im confidence we will pick up a hard thought win

Player
ian goodison
last time I was there danny holmes was sent off, thought Ronnie moore was going to thump him

Player
Manager
John King
I remember a 2-0 victory with The Chief scoring both goals.

A 2-2 draw in 1990 with Jim Steel scoring a superb volley also sticks out.
Yes, I had forgotten about the game where Allison scored. That match actually sparked the good run of form which culminated in the League Cup final at Wembley.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
On the face of it a couple of odd team choices. Mullin and Cole on the bench with Gilmour and Jonny Smith back in.

Can only assume Micky wants a Morecambe away type performance

Player
aldo
Mullin ok but needs to improve quite a lot . Need more menace from him and goals . Feel for cole as he played well apart from last weekend having said that apart from connor and meybe nors and scottie the rest of em where crap as well. Lets hope gilly and smith have points to prove and wana fight to stay in the team

Player
Manager
John King
On the face of it a couple of odd team choices. Mullin and Cole on the bench with Gilmour and Jonny Smith back in.

Can only assume Micky wants a Morecambe away type performance
The changes all make sense to me. We need more pace out wide and to be more solid in the middle of the pitch after last week.