• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Crewe v Rovers (CSC)

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Banks came through 68 minutes in one piece.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Oxford 5-0. Hopefully that does Wimbledon's confidence no good at all.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Interesting game in the Leasing.com semi final. 0-0 with 11 minutes left and Pompey beat Exeter 3-2 coming from behind twice.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Oxford 5-0. Hopefully that does Wimbledon's confidence no good at all.
And survival is now in our hands, technically at least. If we win our two games in hand and win there we would overtake them. If, if, if ....... But all is certainly not lost, as I keep saying.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Purely going on the Rovers twitter feed it sounded like Gumbs had a busy game, but we didn’t concede so he must have done well. Gilmour also seems quite involved and encouraging returns for Ellis and Banks.

Payne gets a goal, the first player to score for Rovers in any competition since the departed Mullin. Does anyone know why he is so out of favour? Arguably is he worth a place on the bench, at least for the home games?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
And survival is now in our hands, technically at least. If we win our two games in hand and win there we would overtake them. If, if, if ....... But all is certainly not lost, as I keep saying.
The biggest if is IF we can remember how to start winning some football matches. The flip side is that Wimbledon could lose all there remaining matches, including to us, and still finish above us!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We have to hope Blackpool get something at Wimbledon on Saturday. I would not want the gap to stretch to ten points, even if we do have the games in hand and a visit to Wimbledon to come. Psychologically it would not be great.

Unless we win at Wycombe of course (we have done it before :)).

Last edited:

ADD

Player
Norwood
It sounds like Gumbs had a very good game.
Delighted to hear that RLC. He did a great job when coming off the bench last season and then of course got injured which was terrible luck. He to my mind is a no nonsense defender - will never play at the top level of course but once in a while you need someone who can simply put his body in the way and boot it clear... hope his injury problems are behind him. Great if he can help us in the run in but even if not hope he gets to go further in his career going forward...