• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Crewe v Rovers (CSC)

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
The post on our website suggests that both Ellis and Gumbs will be involved on Tuesday night but no mention of Banks. I haven't seen a Cheshire Senior Cup game for a while but we used to use these fixtures to give the squad players a run out. I'm not sure if that will be the case this time around due to tired legs and an unwillingness to risk further injury. Apart from those mentioned, I think the only other player who could benefit from additional game time is Harvey Gilmour.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Excellent news - though I think we had hoped to have them both available by now. Gumbs must be close to full fitness now as he had 45 minutes around 3 weeks ago. Ellis I think will be his first outing - will be interesting to see how much game time he sees.
Aside from that I assume Payne may play as he needs a run out (unless he is 100% out of MM's thoughts) and the youngsters in the form of Spellman, Walker Rice and maybe Kole Hall who apparently has impressed for the U18's and is now training with the first team...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Recall Ellis picked up his injury before Gumbs, so the fact Evan has already had some game-time suggests his injury was marginally less serious.

Team selection should be a mix of youth and experience. I'd certainly start Payne and Gilmour, possibly Jennings.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would guess Potter will be involved as well.

Another big game tomorrow night at the Kassam, where Oxford play Wimbledon. The hosts are in poor form and have a number of injuries, and I have a feeling Wimbledon might get something.

However, if they lose, things could open up for us a bit.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
If we beat Crewe tonight we will play away at Chester in the Quarter Final. Thereafter, Nantwich Town, Warrington Town and Vauxhalls/Hyde Utd await us in the Semis. Not that I'll be holding my breath...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We probably won't get anything at Wycombe but we can at Shrewsbury on Tuesday.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think our recent history at Wycombe is better than at Shrewsbury!