• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Crawley Vs Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Magic

Player
Ian Moore
Just thought i would get the discussion kicked off nice and early ahead of a tough away game on Saturday.

Crawley were unlucky not to take all 3 points on Tuesday after hitting the woodwork three times and conceeding a late penalty against a struggling Colchester side. So far they are doing well clocking up some decent results and this game represents Rovers toughest test so far.

Crawley though have their 3rd round Capital One Cup game against Swansea on Tuesday night so hopefully that will be playing in the back of their managers mind and he rests a few players! Rovers will be on a high after extending the lead at the top of the table and getting amongst the goals again, even if the performance was not that inspiring. I am predicting a tight away win for rovers...maybe 2-1 (although i would still class a point as a decent result).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As has been said, this is our toughest test by far - an away match against a team with some decent form. If we get anything from this match, I'll be surprised and very pleased. I hope I'm proved wrong. If we extend our unbeaten run, then we really are a good team.

Player
Nixon
I reckon there will be no trainning wed, and watching vid's of crawley and our game vs. Bury today.

Robbo and Wallace looked a bit shattered Tues.

I think Bell-Baggie will be dropped in favour of Thompson on Saturday...

Think we are going to find it hard work, then again I thought that with Carlisle away.

Again I would take a 0-0 or 1-1.... I do believe we will score against them, its down to if we can keep them out.

White_Magic

Player
Ian Moore
Comparison

We have scored double the amount of goals they have scored and conceeded 4 times as less...based on that surely we are in line for a 3-1 victory!! \\:D/

In all serousness though i think we have what it takes to walk away with the three points. I am going to put a bet on us scoring in both halves...maybe even a cheeky £2 on Baggie-o scoring a double!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We have scored double the amount of goals they have scored and conceeded 4 times as less...based on that surely we are in line for a 3-1 victory!! \\:
I like the logic.

I'm happy picking up maximum points at home and some scraps away, so with that in mind, a draw would be great.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree this is our toughest league game so far. Crawley are a bit of an unknown, but have started their L1 campaign brightly. I'd be delighted with a point.

Anyone going?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Our first match against a fellow early challenger, and on paper by far our toughest game so far.

Crawley have only lost once in the league, and that sole defeat came in an almost farcical game against Pompey when they were reduced to nine men. Up front, Gary Alexander is a handful, and a player that always seems to do well against us, most recently for Brentford last season. They also have talented ex-Rover Mike Jones out wide, who Ronnie has this week grudgingly admitted is now a good player.

A draw would be a great result and would secure us in top spot. I'll take it now.

White_Magic

Player
Ian Moore
Crawley have only lost once in the league

They got turned over by Swidon 3-0 in the second game of the season.

To be honest, I think that they will fear us more than we fear them. As I mentioned in a previous post, our goal scoring record this season will frighten them and I think that they would be happy with a point at home against us.

I still maintain that we will win. A goal either side of half time should see us home.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
crawley are a ruff house team....tranmere players when challenged must be professional in there approach to such challengers.... !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think this is a big test defensively today. Like Ronnie says, if we can keep their front two in check, keep a dean sheet, then who knows, we could nick it by the odd goal.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Come on!!!!!!!!!!!! Danny Homes 2 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIW

Player
Goodison
Great win today - look forward to reports from those who were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.