• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Crawley v Rovers

Match result

• Crawley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crawley v Rovers
Posted by Ian
The People's Pension Stadium
Saturday, January 22, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 22, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
with Forest not playing midweek and Northampton playing Sutton, we could do with another 3 points going into the Biggest game at PP in years I can see a 10k gate at PP with around 5 away fans if they got that much, back to the weekend 3-0 will we Kane them with a Jolly good show

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They had come into a bit of form recently but haven't won for two games. Losing 2-1 against Stevenage and gaining a point on the road at Carlisle. We should really look to be winning this by a few goals. We have find some great goalscoring form at the moment with Jolley banging them in whilst keeping it tight at the back. I don't think we'll see much change to the lineup but Micky has a good selection to choose from. I don't think there are any absentees at the moment.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Presumably Glatzel will be on the bench, fancy us to win 2 0

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Micky confirmed Glatzel still out with covid, still trying to get things done on the signings front.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sadly, I'll be missing both our games at my local league club this season. I've got too many health issues to risk it.

I'm quite confident we can continue the unbeaten run, possibly with a win. With the form the team is in, with a new striker and an almost full squad, we should be able to beat a Crawley side that will have lost a bit of momentum after Tuesday's defeat - or so I hope.

Player
aldo
let us hope Hemmo can get the ball rolling looking at his stats he takes a few games to get his first then go on runs, but even if he is just setting them up then we will all be happy, and with Jolly in such good form, that will take any pressure off him

drwhoman

Sadly, I'll be missing both our games at my local league club this season. I've got too many health issues to risk it.

I'm quite confident we can continue the unbeaten run, possibly with a win. With the form the team is in, with a new striker and an almost full squad, we should be able to beat a Crawley side that will have lost a bit of momentum after Tuesday's defeat - or so I hope.
Stay safe BBTC! I hope the boys can give us a good weekend!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, all the best to BBTC.

I think this will be a tougher game than some above are suggesting. Crawley looked a reasonable side at Prenton Park earlier in the season, and they have some talented players, including Tom Nichols. In normal circumstances a draw would be a reasonable result away to a side in the top half, but we could do with a victory given that we play Forest Green next week.

Micky said in his interview that we have one or two knocks, without naming names. However, he did confirm that Hemmings is available after picking up a slight injury last Saturday. I think we will name as close to an unchanged starting eleven as we can.

It was interesting that MM confirmed that Charlie Jolley was signed by Steve Beck, not Keith Hill.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Best wishes to BBTC, hope that your health issues ease to be able to take in a game in the future.

I had hoped to make this game, but for various reasons, those plans have fallen through. Perhaps not a bad thing given my recent record watching Rovers on their travels. I agree with RLC that this will be a challenging game, Crawley like Rovers are at the top end of the form table and despite this season's ground out cup win, our recent league record against Crawley is poor. I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw though would rather we won.

Unsure where that clarification about who was responsible for signing Jolley leaves us. Charlie didn't look ready for L2 last season, although he's looked quality after his loan stint at Chester. He did take a knock in the second half of the Rochdale game and might be one of the doubts for this weekend. I think we'll adopt a similar approach to the Cup game, keeping things tight, perhaps even replacing McPake with Feeney/McManaman.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir

Hope you are OK and stay safe.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Get well soon BBTC! Be positive guys, nothing but a win will do. I’m not letting this season slide again, we need to be back in league one.

Player
aldo
Looks like Derby could run out of money next month with TWO clubs Suing them the buyers who want to buy the club won't do it until the stuff with the other clubs is sorted first, wow it is scary they owe £28mill in tax, just shows what happens with those who spend beyond there means, thank god we got Mr. and Mrs. P, who are putting revenue streams in place to help the club in the short and more important the long time

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Rumours that Tom Davies out injured today, big loss if true

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager