• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Crawley v Rovers

Match result

• Crawley

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crawley v Rovers
Posted by Ian
The People's Pension Stadium
Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 06:30 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 08:15 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
If/when there is a change I'd love to see Higgy involved. Passion!!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Danny Cowley is available, do you think he'd be interested or we could afford him?
I think he would be looking to manage at Championship level, or at least a top half League One club. He did well at Huddersfield and was quite harshly sacked.

Tisdale would have been my choice in the summer and David Flitcroft or Keith Hill would probably do a reasonable job with this group of players.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Danny Cowley is available, do you think he'd be interested or we could afford him?
No to both, the same would go for Paul Cook. Think we have to be realistic about any replacement for Jacko. The best we can hope for is some experience at this level or a decent NL manager taking a step up

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
My overriding feeling with this situation is what a missed opportunity it has been.

We have our most competitive budget and strongest squad as a Football League club for a decade or more, yet still find ourselves in a position where the season could well be a right off already, and we could end up fighting for our League status if we are not careful.

drwhoman

I cannot disagree with any of the above. We have a number of highly experienced players who will have a lot of sway in the dressing room. If they have decided that Jacks is not up to it then he needs to go now. They may be comparing him unfavourably with Managers they have worked for in the past. The pathetic nature of the performances suggests that this may be the case. Whoever comes in will have to deal with what could amount to player power being exerted.

Player
aldo
but is the blame at marks door. I love what he has done for rovers. but the hospitality side of things has gone to pot b4 coved things were not good on that side already not beating funny but it's not been great in years. and yes I would love to get my hands on it but they could not afford me

Player
aldo
but is the blame at marks door. I love what he has done for rovers. but the hospitality side of things has gone to pot b4 coved things were not good on that side already not beating funny but it's not been great in years. and yes I would love to get my hands on it but they could not afford me
but the manager appointments apart from mm and brain,

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The excuses are as bad as our performances.

If we want a rovers connection for our new manager then challinor or mcgreal would be my choice.

Player
ian goodison
McGreal was interviewed for the job according to the forums so wonder why he didn't get the job or if offered why he said no, thought at the time appointing jacko was a gamble having no experience really want him to succeed as its rovers but seems really out of his depth

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
McGreal was interviewed for the job according to the forums so wonder why he didn't get the job or if offered why he said no, thought at the time appointing jacko was a gamble having no experience really want him to succeed as its rovers but seems really out of his depth
Jackson & Anthony Barry were interviewed not sure if others were or not.