• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Crawley v Rovers

Match result

• Crawley

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crawley v Rovers
Posted by Ian
The People's Pension Stadium
Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 06:30 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 08:15 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Preview

The games are coming thick and fast with Rovers travelling to The People's Pension Stadium on Tuesday night to take on Crawley Town. The Red Devil's sit three places above Rovers in 13th after an indifferent start to the season with 3 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats so far. Their last game was away to Salford and they came away with a 1-1 draw after skipper George Francombe scored from close range to equalise in the 72nd minute.

Crawley will be looking to take all three points at home on Tues night (ko 6.30pm) whilst Rovers will have gained confidence from their home win against struggling Southend with goals from Peter Clarke and James Vaughan.

Team News

Stefan Payne is a long term absentee after recent surgery whilst Morgan Ferrier is still struggling with a hamstring issue.
Manny Monthe is still a doubt after his recent knee problems.

Match officials

Referee: James Oldham
Assistant referees: Aaron Farmer and Conor Farrell
Fourth Official: Alasdair Ross

Last edited:

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I'd settle for a 1-1 draw with an improved performance.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Crawley are now my local team and I would be there but for Covid and an unfortunate accident that has landed me in hospital, so I wouldn’t have been there anyway.

I also go for 1-1. I’m not so gung ho about this one as I was on Saturday but I think there will be enough skill, fight and organisation to bring a point back. I hope we can win as in our position a draw does not move us up the table.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Crawley are now my local team and I would be there but for Covid and an unfortunate accident that has landed me in hospital, so I wouldn’t have been there anyway.

I also go for 1-1. I’m not so gung ho about this one as I was on Saturday but I think there will be enough skill, fight and organisation to bring a point back. I hope we can win as in our position a draw does not move us up the table.
I hope it is not too serious BBTC and that you recover soon.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir

Get well soon.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Not sure how se will line up or perform for that matter but going for a draw 1 1.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Anticipating another backs to the wall set up with only Vaughan allowed to be in their half, but I hope I am wrong! Another bang average side that I would expect our squad to be able to roll over, or at least compete with, however with the style of football we are playing that is hard to imagine.

I hope we at least look to have a go, and not just try and come away with a 0-0.

That said, I would love for MJ to stick it right up us all and send the boys out to flatten them and come away with a 3-0 win :)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would guess we will start in the 532 formation that finished the game on Saturday, with Feeney at wing back. I just hope we play ten yards higher up the pitch and attempt to press the opposition.

I would not like to hazard a guess at the performance or scoreline, but we really need a minimum of four points from the next two games.

ADD

Player
Norwood
No idea whatesoever. Much will depend on how we are set up. Not feeling that optimistic in that regard.

Player
aldo
get well mate. as for tonight I'm going for a 2-1 positive morale-boosting win with 2000 of the white fans there we wish

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hallelujah! Come on Rovers!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They've had a few shots so far. Davies looking a little shaky. Need to get a few shots off to settle down..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
1-0 Crawley. Could see that one coming.. Huge spaces in defence there.