• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Crawley v Rovers

Match result

• Crawley

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crawley v Rovers
Posted by Ian
The People's Pension Stadium
Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 06:30 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 08:15 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ADD

Player
Norwood
Even better than that. Nothing to do with me..... Nothing to do with tactics.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The starting formation was actually OK and we can't really complain as he started with 2-up front. The problem is MJ cannot get these players to play. They play like a team of strangers. There is no cohesion. There are some real experienced players out there and they are playing like they've had a handful of games.

The mistakes they are making are terrible, their attitude is terrible, they are scared to go forward. Look at the goals today. The defending was awful and the spaces at the back, unreal. This all falls back to MJ. He keeps telling us the blinding obvious after the match but has no answers. We must get back to basics etc etc.. come on, we need more than that.

There is something very very wrong with this setup and my worry is that I cannot see it improving under MJ. The players are fit enough, the are good enough but we are not seeing any of this on the pitch. I'm not watching much more of that rubbish. It's boring and lifeless to watch.

Also, when have you seen a manager make so many changes in the first half. After 30 minutes. Who does that? And it's not bold that he's making early changes. It show's there is something very wrong.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Totally agree about all his changes. Jacko can blame injuries, Covid, needing time to gel and all that stuff - but the fact that he keeps making first half changes even he must see doesn’t put him in a good light

Player
Aldo
Its 2 games a week this season, non stop. We have got quite a lot of 'experienced' legs out there, maybe they were tired. Not many too many willing runners, we had 2 out there tonight , Young and McDonald , its not enough, makes it impossible to press. The subs that came on added a bit of energy , but we were still second best. We need a couple of Eddie Bishops.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think it is difficult to judge individual players, pace versus lack of pace etc, until the players are properly directed. I would like to see what this group of players can do under a different manager.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You can usually distinguish between tiredness and pathetic performances, and the general consensus so far this season is that most of the games have been pathetic performances.

Player
aldo
yes are we fkn thick or do they think? what a load of guinea pig poo lol we have 2 and they can defend better than that lot did tonight. I've heard some bollocks but he takes the piss ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Player
aldo
wow, the meltdown from all fronts is staggering I feel like the blob right now. I've not seen it on all social media sites so badly since Barnes. and we are all saying the same stuff, you watch they will win on sat

ADD

Player
Norwood
wow, the meltdown from all fronts is staggering I feel like the blob right now. I've not seen it on all social media sites so badly since Barnes. and we are all saying the same stuff, you watch they will win on sat
Hopefully yes with Parky or Higgy in charge as caretaker sorting out the crap....

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Yes "meltdown" is the word. I didn't watch the match but the verdict seems unanimous. Time to disconnect and let folks sleep on it, I think; there's only so much negativity that can be absorbed even if it is valid!

ADD

Player
Norwood
fuck if higgy was in charge they would shit em selfs lol he would murder them
My point exactly. Jackson isn't up to it but Higgy every time gets it spot on - I mean we were playing 4-6-0 before the changes was priceless Saturday....

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mansfield have just sacked their manager saying the squad improvements in the summer have not led to a set of results they expected. Wonder if cookie wants to come home.....

Player
Manager
John King
I just hope the change is made before Saturday. I don't see the point in prolonging the agony.

Player
Manager
John King
Mansfield have just sacked their manager saying the squad improvements in the summer have not led to a set of results they expected. Wonder if cookie wants to come home.....
On paper Coughlin looked like a good appointment. He did well with Bristol Rovers at a higher level.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I can’t see Mark sacking Jackson yet, it’s not the way he operates. That’s not to disagree with those who say he should be replaced. if it were my decision, he’d be gone.

Player
Manager
John King
I can’t see Mark sacking Jackson yet, it’s not the way he operates. That’s not to disagree with those who say he should be replaced. if it were my decision, he’d be gone.
Things are so bad he might have to. A caretaker could hardly do any worse for a few games while he considers his options.

Jacko has had twelve competitive games now. How many did Brabin have in his second season, nine ?

Player
ian goodison
yes jacko seems like a nice bloke but maybe this squad of players need a steve evans type of manager who will put the fear of god into them, never like seeing anyone sacked but surely cant be far off at the minute

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I hate calling for a managers head but the performances have been so poor, I see no other way. Like RLC says, we shouldn't prolong this. The season can be saved but only if we act.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Danny Cowley is available, do you think he'd be interested or we could afford him?