• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Crawley v Rovers

Crawley v Rovers
Posted by Ian
The People's Pension Stadium
Saturday, May 4, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, May 4, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I really hope Dagnell plays. With the play-offs coming up we need all our fit squad to be match fit - and I'd like to see him given a chance to earn a new contract.

Player
aldo
i think he will go in the summer with ben tollitt and big mac . harris can see them moving on although harris has been playing well of late

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Lots of choices for Micky. It will depend on which league we are in how much we can afford. I think most of those whose contracts are up will go - either released or will choose to move on.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Harris has taken a while to adapt at this level, but recent performances have been decent and I'd keep him as a squad player but mention elsewhere of Jay doing accountancy exams,so he may want to drop down to non-league. Don't know what to expect regarding the others, think we've only 6 [Davies, Caprice, Banks, Perkins, Jennings and Mullin] under contract next season, so would expect some new deals to be offered to some of those out of contract. Whether they opt to stay is another matter.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Eight changes, Perkins, Macca and Tollitt start, as does the naturally fit Norwood. A chance for a few squad players to show what they can do.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good to see Perkins getting some game time.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A strange team selection. 3 of the 4 I felt were key players and should be wrapped in cotton-wool start, with only Jennings rested and I hope it doesn't come back to bite us. It's the same ref (Haines) who sent Norwood off v Lincoln. Dagnall starts and Mullin doesn't even make the bench. It would be interesting to know MMs thinking on this one, academic though the outcome may be.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Big tick from me for the selection. Assume Sid is still injured. Agree Mullin omission is strange. Is he injured too?

ADD

Player
Norwood
A strange team selection. 3 of the 4 I felt were key players and should be wrapped in cotton-wool start, with only Jennings rested and I hope it doesn't come back to bite us. It's the same ref (Haines) who sent Norwood off v Lincoln. Dagnall starts and Mullin doesn't even make the bench. It would be interesting to know MMs thinking on this one, academic though the outcome may be.
Got to say Boz I am also somewhat bemused. Mullin surely must be injured? What about Nelson? Surely not injured again?Starting with Perkins is a gamble also - I would have given him 30 minutes at the end only to replace Harris or Gilmour. Norwood again starting - would have rested him but he does love playing. Will be interesting to hear MM's thoughts after. That said good opportunity for Tollitt - Pringle and Morris have not been that great recently..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Big tick from me for the selection. Assume Sid is still injured. Agree Mullin omission is strange. Is he injured too?
Sid Nelson was the player put forward for pre-match interview, no mention of injury and doesn't even make the bench today. I'd have thought McNulty-Nelson would have been the better pairing today unless Micky is thinking of a resumption of the McNulty-Monthe pairing during the play-offs.

Broadly agree with ADD and doubtless RLC will expand on why he thinks that in due course.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Doesn’t sound like the makeshift Rovers are doing much.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not an inspiring first half. Their defence has coped well. Inly one clear chance when Nors' cross was headed into the keeper's arms by Smith. Crawley started to up their game

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Crawley broke through midfield, Scotty could only parry the hard shot and the follow up was put in. Then a weak backpass from Zoom led to a corner which could have been turned in by four players but the return cross was walked in. Embarrassing.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Harris has taken a while to adapt at this level, but recent performances have been decent and I'd keep him as a squad player but mention elsewhere of Jay doing accountancy exams,so he may want to drop down to non-league. Don't know what to expect regarding the others, think we've only 6 [Davies, Caprice, Banks, Perkins, Jennings and Mullin] under contract next season, so would expect some new deals to be offered to some of those out of contract. Whether they opt to stay is another matter.

Ellis and Gilmour are also under contract for next season

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ellis and Gilmour are also under contract for next season
You’re right, bigmart, though Ellis with a cruciate injury is unlikely to feature until well into next season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Forest Green next Friday and Monday it is then

Player
Manager
John King
Patchy performance in a nothing game. On to more important objectives next week. I still agree with the starting line up in the circumstances and we avoided further injuries.

Player
Manager
John King
Sid Nelson was the player put forward for pre-match interview, no mention of injury and doesn't even make the bench today. I'd have thought McNulty-Nelson would have been the better pairing today unless Micky is thinking of a resumption of the McNulty-Monthe pairing during the play-offs.

Broadly agree with ADD and doubtless RLC will expand on why he thinks that in due course.
I can't really be bothered, it is of little consequence. Some key players were going to be rested, some had to start.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good team selection from Micky.
I can't really be bothered, it is of little consequence. Some key players were going to be rested, some had to start.
From enthusiastic about the line-up at the start to indifferent at the end. Maybe it wasn’t such a good pick by MM after all? I agree it’s of little consequence and thankfully it appears all the key players have come through unscathed. Would still like to hear Micky’s rational for the absence from the matchday 18 of Nelson and Mullin if they weren’t injured.