• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Crawley v Rovers

Crawley v Rovers
Posted by Ian
The People's Pension Stadium
Saturday, May 4, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, May 4, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Final game of the scheduled league programme a trip to Sussex. Crawley secured their safety a couple of weeks ago and have nothing to play for but pride. They may want to get revenge for the 5-1 hammering at PP and with players like Ollie Palmer and Filipe Morais, there are certainly decent attacking options in their squad.

Micky uncertain in whether Caprice will have recovered, but sounded fairly bullish about the fixture. Personally my preference would be for protecting key players from injury/sendings-off. Davies, Monthe, Jennings and Norwood, shouldn't start and I'd limit Perkins to an appearance to regain some match fitness. Due to a combination of regulations and injuries, I don't think a Maidstone-style line-up would be allowed or under consideration. If Forest Green are the play-off opponent, it's debatable if there is any advantage having the home leg second.

Hard to assess how many of the SWA will show for this, now the game has less significance, but suspect some with tickets won't show. Entertaining score draw.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Interesting that the first leg is potentially a Friday night & the 2nd leg on Monday so would finishing 5th rather than 6th be that advantageous?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Agree with both the above and think it may actually suit our style of play to have the home leg first. On that basis I see little benefit in not giving some tired legs a rest. I don't think we'll have much opportunity to rest many of the back four, though!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Agree with both the above and think it may actually suit our style of play to have the home leg first. On that basis I see little benefit in not giving some tired legs a rest. I don't think we'll have much opportunity to rest many of the back four, though!
I don't think it has been confirmed that fifth v sixth will take place on Friday and Monday. I personally don't think it makes much difference whether you play home or away first.

Player
Manager
John King
I am not really relishing this game given the circumstances and the likely squad rotation.

While it is important to rest some key players, I don't think we should (or could) field a side as weak as the one that turned out against Solihull a year ago. I think Monthe and Nelson should both start to try and build further understanding at the back in the absence of Ellis, and I think Perkins needs to play the majority of the game to regain match fitness.

I would like us to play the second leg of the play offs at Prenton Park, for the selfish reason that I probably won't be able to attend it if it is away. It seems likely that FGR will drop points against an Exeter side desperate to get seventh position.

We had already sold 7-800 tickets for this game prior to the Bury match, so I think it will be another good turnout from the SWA.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm voting for playing a weaker side as we certainly can't afford any more injuries.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I tend to agree with Boz, although all the noise from the club seems to indicate we will play a full strength side or something resembling it. It's a difficult one for Micky. I don't think we risk losing any momentum, but I agree with Ian that further injuries are a worry. Also, the likes of Pilling, McNulty, Mullin and Dagnall would benefit from some match practice. If Nelson and Monthe need more practice together, then maybe the training ground can help. Losing Manny would be a major blow.

As for the result, I remember last season's final two games after we had secured second place. We lost 2-1 at home to Solihull Moors with a weakened team. Then with a full team we did the same against Hartlepool. I wonder if no matter who plays, they will have an eye on the play-offs, be worried about injuries and so will be a bit off the pace. With third place still to fight for, I'd have bet on a win. But now I think a draw may be the best we can hope for.

I hope to be there - and hope I'm wrong.

BTW, is anyone keeping a tally on yellow cards? Are any players in danger of being suspended during the play-offs?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
To be suspended for bookings a player would have to now reach 15 and I don't think any are that near Banks probably has the most. I think it is an ideal opportunity for the likes of Gilmour, Mullin, Smith and several other fringe players to get a run out

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
To be suspended for bookings a player would have to now reach 15 and I don't think any are that near Banks probably has the most.
Just a thought. We see so many stats nowadays on players, matches and teams, but you rarely see any on player discipline.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't think Monthe and Nelson can develop the same understanding on the training pitch that they can in a real game. Tend to agree that there is not much motivation for the players tomorrow and we are likely to fail to win, not that it matters a great deal.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Does anyone know the ticketing arrangements? Nothing on either club's website except we are in the East Stand Block A as usual. I assume it's pay on the gate.

Player
Manager
John King
Does anyone know the ticketing arrangements? Nothing on either club's website except we are in the East Stand Block A as usual. I assume it's pay on the gate.
Tickets have been on general sale all week and have not sold out as far as I am aware, so I would guess pay on the gate is available. However, it might be best to check with our liaison officers (if you are on Twitter) or with Crawley themselves.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Thanks,RLC. I will be amazed if they have sold all the away allocation. Certainly there will be plenty of space in the home sections!

Player
aldo
the club where on coach 3 the other day the trust have got two going so not gonna be a bad turn out 3-0 win with daggers getting a few