• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Coventry

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Incredible what is going on at Coventry at the moment, and not just the 5-4 win against Bristol City today.

Coventry fans boycotted their first game at Sixfields this afternoon with only 996 attending, including a load of freebie tickets (there were 1,200 Bristol fans !), with the majority of Coventry supporters attending a charity 'legends' match at The Ricoh. The Coventry fans hope to put their owners, SISU, out of business and force a return to the city. A similar situation in some ways to the one at Wimbledon a few years ago when their move to Milton Keynes was announced.

I would hate ever to be faced with a similar decision regarding Rovers but, as painful as it would be, I think I would boycott in the same circumstances.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Utter madness. You can't expect ppl to travel 35 miles to a 'home game'. I certainly wouldn't.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
It's a terrible situation here. Fans trying to put SISU out of business, SISU trying to put ACL (owners of the Ricoh) out of business to buy the stadium on the cheap. Boycotting fans calling fans who travel to the game 'scabs'. Terrible example of business getting in the way of football :-(

Doubt I'll be making the short trip to watch Cov v Rovers in Northampton.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Oh, and what you might have missed is that there were c.8000 people at the Ricoh on Sunday watching a Cov legends charity match. It's just wrong.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's certainly a case of football gone mad. Sadly, the supporters are the losers in all this.

andrewesq

Faith Light Strength
Player
Billy Woods
Be interesting to see how they get on, I recall the season Southampton just missed out on play offs despite point deduction.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Be interesting to see how they get on, I recall the season Southampton just missed out on play offs despite point deduction.
I can't see them making an impression. They are still cash-strapped and won't get much gate money from playing at "home" in the minute Sixfields stadium. And the fans are leaving in droves. Southampton did not have these problems.