• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Coventry v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Our first trip to the Ricoh and we've not played Coventry away since the League Cup game en route to the final. Despite the weather, haven't heard anything to suggest the game will be called off.

Murphy and Jennings ex-Rovers in the Sky Blues squad. Things seemed to perk up on the park when Mark Robins made manager, but their form has slumped of late. Possibly coinciding with the recall of loanee David McGoldrick, who looked impressive at PP.

It will be interesting seeing what team Ronnie sends out, especially after Akpa Akpro looked so sharp on his return. I'd like to see him start. I wonder if we might revert to a 433 similar to the trip to Bramall Lane, where we earned a point.

Prediction: Hard to call, but we need to get something out of this one.

Just noticed the clueless and card-happy Gavin Ward is the ref for this.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think we will stick with the same team. They have a poor home record only winning 3 so far in the league 2 1 for us.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think we should really target this game for a victory, as we need to win one of the two games this week if we are to stay top beyond Saturday. This match is difficult, but Brentford on Saturday looks massively difficult. With Amoo, Akpro and Bell Baggie all available I would like to see us go with a 4-4-2, as we did when we played the top sides away at the start of the season.

Ronnie has said Akpro is only likely to get 30 minutes as he does not want to risk a recurrence of his injury.

McGoldrick's departure appears to have a had a bigger impact on Coventry than I expected, although it may partly be a coincidence that they have hit a sticky patch in the last couple of weeks.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Gotta aim to win this. Draw not a particularly good result.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ronnie has said Akpro is only likely to get 30 minutes as he does not want to risk a recurrence of his injury.

:?::!:

Puzzled about this as I thought he'd sustained a fracture. He certainly looked fitter than others on the pitch in the Crawley game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Must be frustrating for JLAA being out for so long, he'll be chomping at the bit.

I can see Ronnie playing a little bit cautious for this one.

But I do think we'll win with Akpo getting the magic winner.

Sent via Tapatalk

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Tough game tonight however we have had an extra day of rest. Coventry do not have the best of home records and there is no reason why we shouldnt go there and aim for all 3 pts. A draw would not be a bad result. A heavy defeat could see us lose top spot without the team below even playing. Going for a 1-0 win. Amoo:cold:

Status
Not open for further replies.