• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

County v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Arguably the biggest game of the season so far for Rovers at a Notts County side who have slipped to fourth after their midweek defeat, but have been on our coat tails in second for the majority of the season.

For the first time this season Rovers will be forced to make a major change to the starting line up with Robinson out with a hamstring injury. Adam McGurk apparently did a fine job as his replacement on Tuesday, and it must be hugely encouraging that we won convincingly at Scunthorpe without Robbo, but I would imagine Notts will provide sterner opposition.

I think a big performance will be needed again from James Wallace, to follow on from his excellent second half display at Glanford Park. Just how much we will miss Robinson's creativity against one of the better teams in the division remains to be seen, but with confidence levels extremely high and both strikers in fantastic form, I still think we can score goals in this one.

It will be interesting to see what tactics County adopt: I think an open game, such as the one at Crawley recently, suits Rovers as not many teams in this division will outscore us on our current form. At the same time, I can't imagine Curle playing five in midfield in front of his own fans.

With a full strength side I would certainly fancy us to win this game. As it is, I would settle for a point, but wouldn't rule Rovers out.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Robbo's absence for this game and over the next few is certainly a set-back. McGurk did well coming off the bench to replace him, so unless Adam's injured himself again, likely to retain his place. Thompson missed Tuesday through injury, but no suggestion it will keep him out of contention at the weekend. Sheehan, who normally plays left-back for the pies, was sent off midweek, so will be missing. It might be worth keeping Bell-Baggie in, to run at the replacement full-back.

Rovers won here two years ago, with a goal from Enoch in a backs to the wall job, after Labadie got sent off. Last time out, Rovers had two sent off and lost to a debatable 95th minute penalty. I wouldn't attach too much significance to the result of this game, but would gratefully accept a point.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A very trick game this indeed and would be happy with a point going for 1 1

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
If we can get thru this one without defeat then I'll start to really think we can do something this season. Even so, a defeat wouldnt be the end of the world but lets think positive

County have goal threats in the form of Lee Hughes and Labadie etc plus the creativity of Campbell-Ryce and Alan Judge - but we must be the most confident team in the league at present so bring on anyone, and even tho we're missing Robbo, our front two are the most potent in the football league at present and they will be thinking about us.

A draw would be nice leading to a winnable game against Yeovil at PP next week

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
scrappy 1-0 to us I think, leading to us hitting 30 points by mid October after beating Yeovil....:cool::cool:

merseymariner

Player
Nicky Henry
Would take a draw from this one. Not to get too far ahead of myself, but if we can take points off the teams around us when playing away, and keep up the dominance at home then we can really start to kick on ahead of the chasing pack. It feels good to say that!

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
think we will do them 4-0

KC and the NC team are doing too much talking imo to the press etc

we will do our talking with our boots on...3pm game on ..see who can talk the walk ( is that right hope so ?)..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The mighty whites will probably surprise me for the umpteenth time this season. I'm still going to err on the side of caution and say a tight game, 1-1 and I'll be more than happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.