• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Corry loan ends

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
He's gone back to Sheff Wed, so Im guessing he wont be returning...

Thought he was too lightweight, especially compared to Palmer... wouldnt be in a rush to get him back, but of course that depends on who else is available :-s

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Apparently Daniels has gone as well though not seen confirmation of it.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm surprised Corry has gone, as we are short of midfielders - particularly creative ones - with Wallace and Robinson missing. However, Daniels' departure was to be expected after Gibson's return from injury. You can't blame PJ for wanting to cut back on the wage bill. I expect we could recall them (or someone equally good) in an emergency.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Corry wasn't able to fit in to our struggling side on heavy pitches and showed little of the creativity Owls fans had promised. If Daniels has gone, then our cover in central defence is limited to a 40-year old or a full-back playing out of position, so find that a little harder to understand, despite his obvious failings.

The loan window ends fairly soon, so there may be scope for Rovers to borrow someone else with the pennies saved by one or both returning to their parent clubs.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would rather have Goodison as cover than Daniels.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
So would I, but Goodison is showing his age a little and if Ash/Ben get injured or sent off then we're stretched at the back. I'd prefer to have kept him for cover.

drwhoman

CORRY ETC

The official website suggests that WBA recalled Daniels rather than us send him back wheras, with regard to Corry, it simply says that his loan period has ended. In any event, I am not sure that any of this matters much. Only a few games to go which Ben Gibson will hopefully be able to get through. It may be as well that Ronnie will want to give Ian G a game or two before the end of the season as I would be surprised if he is back next season. Now would be a graceful time to give it away. He has been a great servant to the club.
Talking about giving it away I wonder how long Andy Robinson will continue playing being 33 now and he does struggle with injuries on a regular basis?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wasn't impressed by Corry and showed very little creatively.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think Corry did show some nice touches and, in time, will probably make it at Championship level. Didn't have the aggression or strength to cope with League One midfield yard dogs however.

Sheffield Wednesday fans appear to rate him much more highly than Palmer, which shows how a player's face can fit at one club but not another.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Sorry to see Corry go as I think he had a touch of class. Trouble was that during his time the players available were off form or average players -so difficulut to show his full range. Hope we get himback next season.