• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

CONTRACTS

drwhoman

The official site reports that the club is trying to do a deal with Fonners but that Zoom is likely to be elsewhere next year. Also says that he will be looking for 6 or 7 players. I imagine a few will be announced as on their way next week. Black, Harrison, Amoo and Goodison to name four I think.

Player
Goodison
If Goodison is to go the club should announce this before saturday and at least consider giving him a testamonial. I would still rather have Goodison in the squad than some random loanee from WBA. The club does have history with treating club legends badly however - John Achterberg.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
From what ive been told from someone who works at the club fon & zoom are both going to preston & harrison is staying

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
haha, ****ing preston. tranmere tribute team.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
From what ive been told from someone who works at the club fon & zoom are both going to preston

Please God, anything but this. :twisted:

If Goodison does not qualify for a testimonial, I am not sure which player would in the modern age.

Player
Goodison
The moral of the story with both Zoom and OFW is to not let good players run down their contracts. We knew last December (2011) that OFW was a good keeper so we should have given him a new deal then. Likewise we should have offered Zoom a new deal after the first 10 games of the season, rather than waiting until January.

Most of Tranmere's problems with contracts are self inflicted and I've got little sympathy with the management and board until they realise you can offer players new deals in advance of their current deal nearing expiration, and furthermore you can offer players more than 2 year contracts. Wallace on a 2 year deal is stupid, he'll be gone next summer if not before.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We offered zoom a new deal about november last year. the problem is that we can offer them deals but if they dont sign them we cant do anything about it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We offered zoom a new deal about november last year. the problem is that we can offer them deals but if they dont sign them we cant do anything about it.

Exactly. Contacts aren't worth much these days anyway. You can't tie players down on long deals now. Players and their agents have all the say now.

What can a club do? If you want to keep your best players their demands are usually met. Realistically, we can't be expecting to keep someone of Wallace's ability for long.

Sent using Tapatalk

Player
Manager
John King
Getting Wallace on a two year deal was actually probably quite a coup for the club given that he is surely aware that he can play at a much higher level than this. Realistically he was not going to commit himself to playing League One football for any longer than two seasons.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
News from the official site. Looking more likely that Fonners will stay. No new contract offered to McGurk, think this is a bit of a shame, thought he'd improved this season.

drwhoman

We need a new left back? No problem! Gareth Roberts available on a free from Derby! 35 but bring him home Ronnie!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We need a new left back? No problem! Gareth Roberts available on a free from Derby! 35 but bring him home Ronnie!

+1

Sent using Tapatalk

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir

think hes settled in the midlands and will stay there or another team round there.

kjust seen hes been released lets hope we can bring him back for a year or two

Player
Manager
John King
Would be great to see him back. Apparently he has said in interviews he would like to return to us and settle down in the area.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I don't know how fit he is at the moment, but it would be good to have a couple more players with experience in the side next season.

We have had a rich seam of left backs since Gareth left. I can think of Andy Taylor, Aaron Cresswell, David Buchanan and Zoumana Bakayogo, but we will be stuck if Zoom does leave.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
It will be good to see Gareth back - presumably short term deal.

Was going to start a new thread re Stiker requirement, but can't find New Topic button?
Anyway Ronnie states it is a pressing need to sign a striker, as we are short of goals and we need a 20 goal per season guy - agreed, but if we do get one we need to create chances, as it is not like we missed loads of chance at the end of the season - there wasn't many to miss?

Ronnie has a list of potential strikers to sign rather than via a loan as there is a delay at the start of the season before loanees become available. He took a lot of credit for coaching a raw Cassidy into a prolific striker - so maybe we assume Cole Stockton is a challenge too far:?:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Reading Ronnie's comments, I just don't feel like he's ready to give Stockton too much responsibility yet. He said he's got potential but he's a little raw at the moment.

I agree. In the short term, it's not a good idea. We need someone that can come in and make an immediate impact. I do think we got lucky with Cassidy.

I think we'll start creating chances again. Once Wallace returns for sure. We may also see a slightly different lineup in midfield. Some players still need to be giving more, like bell baggie for example. If he is picked, we need to see more from him.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Ian, good point that once Wallace comse back we may get more chances.

Re Cole I don't think he is anywhere near a permanent place. I suppose I was being a tad facetious in connection to Ronnie's coaching ability or Cole's potential. You probably read the artiicle where Ronnie said he turned a raw talent like Cassidy into a prolific striker. My point being why can't he do that with Cole. Either Ronnie is taking to much credit for Cassidy or Cole, as I suspect, is a challenge too far.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Jake undoubtedly was a better player than Cole, when Ronnie first brought him on loan. He's capable of being a Championship regular at least. Stockton has the potential to be a decent striker at this level, but I wouldn't want to pin too much on him at this stage in his career.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Once Wallace returns for sure. We may also see a slightly different lineup in midfield. Some players still need to be giving more, like bell baggie for example. If he is picked, we need to see more from him.

Not really. Wallace will just play instead of Palmer. We're still stuck with the same wingers. I think ABB is alright.