• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Contracts for the youngsters

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Bailey Thompson, Bayleigh Passant, Carl Spellman and Danny Walker-Rice have all been offered professional terms by the club, so it seems we had quite a good crop of youngsters this year.

I think I have only seen Spellman and Walker-Rice in the flesh, and the latter in particular seems promising.

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Little surprised Nick Long hasn't been offered a deal yet.

Like you though RLC, i liked the look of the latter 2 but if i'm honest the last time i saw both of them play was at Dunfermline.

Reactions: Boz
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I can't ever remember the club offering four youngsters their first contract. Player development at TRFC is alive and well again.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Bailey Thompson, Bayleigh Passant, Carl Spellman and Danny Walker-Rice have all been offered professional terms by the club, so it seems we had quite a good crop of youngsters this year.

I think I have only seen Spellman and Walker-Rice in the flesh, and the latter in particular seems promising.
I was at Northwich Victoria and I think they all played. Bayleigh was excellent aside from one poor clearance and looked very strong under the high ball. Spellman and Walker- Rice looked very good also. TBH I don't particularly recall anything about Bailey Thomson.
As BBC said, to offer contracts to 4 is an impressive commitment especially considering they might be signing for a L1 club....

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Presumably one of Pilling/Wharton will bemoving on or maybe both, with Bayleigh signing up. He was on the bench v Spurs.

Bit surprised re Long as rossb07 says. Think he and Spellman made the bench in one or two of our early games,
but weren't in contention for Crawley.

Generally encouraging news.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Indeed. We may get the opportunity to focus a bit more on youth development now that the club has stabilised a little.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Presumably one of Pilling/Wharton will bemoving on or maybe both, with Bayleigh signing up. He was on the bench v Spurs.

Bit surprised re Long as rossb07 says. Think he and Spellman made the bench in one or two of our early games,
but weren't in contention for Crawley.

Generally encouraging news.
Elsewhere it has been reported Wharton has been released - surprised by that as I thought he was the better bet going forward

Player
aldo
will be interesting in a few years with the club working on the international soccer academy . seeing how it works i know there in america and looking at africa to as well as the china school . things looking great also yes its great that the club has a blossoming youth set up well done parkinson and the other coaches

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It has just been announced that three youngsters have signed their first pro contracts - Kyle Hayde, Jake Burton and George Nugent. Great news that Andy Parkinson is still producing players and the club is confident enough to invest in them. It will be interesting to see how many of last year’s four novice pros will be kept on.

ADD

Player
Norwood
BBC we already know that. Danny Dalker Rice was offered a new contract - the others including Pilling weren't or should I say to be precise haven't been offered anything yet though in their cases I doubt that will change.

The fact that DWR renewal hasn't been mentioned since is a concern to me at least as I thought he should have been used more last season.

Hope we can persuade him to sign as surely we and most of the teams in L2 will have to play youth players next season at some point as we will have to operate with a smaller squad.

Player
aldo
I'm happy the lads have signed their contracts, we need a manager who is willing to give some of the youth ago and the club eventually being able to sell them on