• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Colchester v Rovers

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
He has actually started a number of games this season, and was pretty regular last season after Cassidy went back to Wolves. He has not made the same impression as Power or Kirby when playing ninety minutes, it is as simple as that. He has been given the same opportunities as Power, but is not as mature and has not taken them.

Power had not started a game in eighteen months when he played at Sheffield United last season, but forced his way into the side through a positive, ninety minute performance. He has done the same again in the last few weeks since Wallace got injured.

I agree that Stockton should be getting more time on the pitch as a substitute, but there is no reason to believe there is some conspiracy against him at the club.

I don't think that has been suggested, but do query how the player has been man-managed. Strikers are confidence players, youngsters in the early stages of their career possibly more so. Maybe loaning him out to a L2 or conference side where he would gave got regular football could have developed him, whereas not giving him any game time v Carlisle when we were desperate for a goal certainly doesn't.

Max Power wasn't man-managed particularly well by Ronnie this season in my view. Rather like Cassidy keeping Stockton out of the side, Atkinson appeared to be on a pay or play type deal and Rowe was also preferred as replacement to Max. It's credit to Power and an indication of his resilience that when given the chance by McMahon he's come back so strongly.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't think that has been suggested, but do query how the player has been man-managed. Strikers are confidence players, youngsters in the early stages of their career possibly more so. Maybe loaning him out to a L2 or conference side where he would gave got regular football could have developed him, whereas not giving him any game time v Carlisle when we were desperate for a goal certainly doesn't.

Max Power wasn't man-managed particularly well by Ronnie this season in my view. Rather like Cassidy keeping Stockton out of the side, Atkinson appeared to be on a pay or play type deal and Rowe was also preferred as replacement to Max. It's credit to Power and an indication of his resilience that when given the chance by McMahon he's come back so strongly.

I agree with most of what you say, but the problem of loan players being obliged to start ahead of our contracted players reflects our financial situation, not just the choices of individual managers. Until we arrive at the point where we have a squad of our own players capable of dealing with a 46-game season, it will always be an issue.