• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Col U v Rovers

Match result

• Colchester

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Col U v Rovers
Posted by Ian
JobServe Stadium
Tuesday, March 23, 2021 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good assessment from Keith. Looks like he really enjoyed that one! Like he says, we got caught out on the counter, 2-0 down, we came back to take a point, really should have won it in the end and we move on to Sat. Still right in the mix!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Agreed, Ian. I think there's nothing wrong with the leadership or the spirit. There is also a post-match interview with Jay which confirms this. Jay also admits that fatigue is an issue, which Keith mentioned also, but it was good to see that neither was moaning about it as if it was an excuse.

It is fair to say that all teams have got to play about 10 more games (except poor Carlisle, who still have 12). With Keith's motivation and organisation, I am confident we will make at least the play-offs. If we can pick four points up over Easter (against Cheltenham and Cambridge), then automatic promotion becomes a realistic prospect.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The games over the Easter weekend against Cheltenham and Cambridge look absolutely pivotal given how tight it is in the top seven, and the Forest Green game likewise.

We have got a good record in head to head matches against the top seven under Hill, and that probably has to continue if we are to go up automatically.

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
Maybe Clarke should be rested against Mansfield and if Ray is fit, try pairing him with Manny who I think had his best game for a while. His distribution was much improved. Effectively that would give Clarke 10 days to recuperate ready for Cheltenham. It has been a rather hectic couple of weeks with all the games, long distance travelling and personnel changes.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Or could give Nelson a game alongside Manny. That worked well the last time we were able to get promoted from L2

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Comments from Twitter trolls after last nights point:

Someone wake me up when he's left our club please.
Take away Dawes and Parky and I gurantee we would be fighting Relegation, honestly, he’s away with the fairies
An utter disgrace. Another two points dropped. Exactly what is Hill playing at, least he could pick a team in the right positions. Have no confidence in Nuget at all. Looks like we are staying in league two. Hill out at end of season.
A point salvaged against a poor team. Davies is awful and what we signed in January isn't good enough. The sooner Hill goes the better

We are 3 points from top. I think some people think we have the devine right to win every game. Incredible really.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
While I don't think the Colchester game was Keith's finest hour tactically, especially switching the full-backs, we got a point out of a game at one stage that looked unlikely. The remarks Ian copies above show a lack of grasp of reality and it's unbelievable some are thinking this way.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You have to remember these teams are fighting for league status. It's not going to be a walk in the park. They are direct and sometimes ugly which does not play well against our style of play. In some ways, I think i would prefer to play the top teams as we do not come across these problems. Stats and table positions at this stage of the season do not mean a great deal as has been demonstrated with other results from teams around us.

Player
Manager
John King
I think due to the strength of the squad this season there is a sense of entitlement among some supporters and a belief that promotion is more or less a given.

However, they are not factoring in the impact of our disastrous start under Jacko and the relative strength of other squads, such as Bolton and Forest Green, and the experience of clubs like Cheltenham who have been involved in numerous promotion challenges at this level.

In reality, if Keith maintains a ratio of roughly two points per game, it is difficult to be too critical.

Player
Manager
John King
I notice that Jay Spearing has been named man of the match for the third game in a row. He has been immense this season, even more so since Vaughan's injury.

Vaughan, Clarke and Feeney have been vital to us, but Spearing is my player of the year.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, he's been excellent. I hope we do go up as he should be playing in a higher league.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Vaughan for me up to his injury just about edged it. But agree that Jay has been immense recently