• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Col U v Rovers

Match result

• Colchester

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Col U v Rovers
Posted by Ian
JobServe Stadium
Tuesday, March 23, 2021 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This would normally be one of the games I would try to get to. Two years ago we won there during a run of games near the end of the season resulting in snatching a place in the playoffs.

After having high hopes at Grimsby, I am reluctant to predict a win, but I am sure there are three points for the taking. My only doubt is whether there is anything left in the tank after the monumental effort on Saturday. It would be bold but Keith may be tempted to treat it as an EFL Trophy match and bring in a couple of fringe players like Crawford and Ridehalgh, but only he knows which players are up to yet another midweek game and a 400 mile round trip.

I am pretty hopeful of a good outcome this season. Although the relentless fixture list is taking its toll, we do have breadth and depth in our squad and it is just as tough for our rivals. Look how Carlisle are struggling to win all those games in hand they had.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would think O'Connor will not be available as he is in the Irish u21 squad that plays on friday

• Sad
Reactions: Boz
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The absence of O'Connor is not that big a deal. There are other options for rotation.

Player
Manager
John King
Going briefly off topic, Ritchie Wellens has been sacked by Salford after five months in charge.

What a circus that club is.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The absence of O'Connor is not that big a deal. There are other options for rotation.
Who else would you play as a defensive midfielder to give Spearing a rest? I can’t think there are any other options, though we do have rotation options elsewhere.

Player
Manager
John King
Who else would you play as a defensive midfielder to give Spearing a rest? I can’t think there are any other options, though we do have rotation options elsewhere.
Does Spearing definitely need a rest ?

We have three other midfielders available in Lewis, Crawford and Kirby, plus Feeney and Morris who can play in the middle. We can mix and match with those five in various formations if Spearing is really unable to play.

You don't have to set up with a defensive midfielder if you play narrow and have safety in numbers.

drwhoman

Going briefly off topic, Ritchie Wellens has been sacked by Salford after five months in charge.

What a circus that club is.
Clearly he did not meet the owners need for instant success. They do not appear as astute as they think they are! Does not look good on Twitter and Instagram! Sadly for the players, such clubs are an abomination.

Player
Manager
John King
Joe Dunne has just been appointed as their assistant manager and seems a very popular figure. Hopefully that does not give them too much of a boost ahead of tomorrow's game.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Does Spearing definitely need a rest ?

We have three other midfielders available in Lewis, Crawford and Kirby, plus Feeney and Morris who can play in the middle. We can mix and match with those five in various formations if Spearing is really unable to play.

You don't have to set up with a defensive midfielder if you play narrow and have safety in numbers.
I think KH comments have indicated Keith feels a number of players could benefit from a rest and it would be preferable if that can happen for Jay this game, rather than the more testing three that follow. However it seems that he will be needed given O'Connor's absence. I don't disagree with your final point, but in this game would expect us to be more expansive.

Player
Manager
John King
A narrow formation like the diamond can still be adventurous, as we saw under Dawes earlier in the season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Jay has a pretty good engine on him, I think he'll play tomorrow. I wouldn't want to rest him as I actually think he's quite a miss in midfield with his passing, tackling, defensive duties and all round game. We could substitute him for someone else but it would weaken the midfield. However, you could argue if you are going to give him a rest, make it against weaker opposition where the impact might not seem as great.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Hopefully, with the best part of a week off after Saturday's game against Mansfield the players can have a proper period of rest and recuperation. So maybe Hill will try to get the bulk of the first team regulars through until then and limit any major rotation for now.

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
If Port Vale can win there 1-0, I am predicting 2-0 to Rovers. Their away form is very good at present. Interestingly, Hill said there were no injury problems other than Vaughan but I think Ray may well be on the bench , if at all. That fall looked very nasty. I think CBT may well start as well. as his pace could cause all sorts of problems for their defence. If I gat the above right, I will definitely do the lottery tomorrow ;)

Player
Thanks BBTC, Friday nights with just an open area where the Kop is now. Able to swap ends at half time. Due to my height at the time, having to get a place by the fence to watch from ground level. Games played in a quagmire or snow without anyone moaning. Real football boots rather than slippers. A team that hardly changed week in week out apart from the odd injury. Real tackles when it was a contact sport! And the real hope that one day the club will be in the heady heights of the second division (real name!). The 'ecstasy' or misery when going home depending on the result. The joy at bringing in a past-his-prime first division player because it meant having good publicity.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
If Port Vale can win there 1-0, I am predicting 2-0 to Rovers. Their away form is very good at present. Interestingly, Hill said there were no injury problems other than Vaughan but I think Ray may well be on the bench , if at all. That fall looked very nasty. I think CBT may well start as well. as his pace could cause all sorts of problems for their defence. If I gat the above right, I will definitely do the lottery tomorrow ;)
I’ll be surprised if CBT starts given he was the first taken off at Grimsby and wasn’t in the squad on Saturday. I’d like him to be on the bench but I’d be surprised

Player
I’ll be surprised if CBT starts given he was the first taken off at Grimsby and wasn’t in the squad on Saturday. I’d like him to be on the bench but I’d be surprised
My logic is just that. That he was taken off. Along with Hill potentially resting tired players. We'll see. Whoever plays, I hope adrenaline kicks in!

Player
ian goodison
on paper we have a squad capable of beating anybody trouble is we are rovers !!!!!! so could be another nail biting night for us, no prediction on the score just hope for 3pts

Player
aldo
The team talk should go and do it in memory of frank Worthington, yes CBT should be raring to go but will he, it should be playing for a bigger team to come in for him he is out of contract in a few months and should want to do everything to get one of the bigger teams or has he not got the passion for it, who knows just wish he would take the handbrake off and go for it like he was when Daws and Parky go into him.