• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cobblers v Rovers

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The biggest problem in the dressing room is the manager he is taking us down

Player
Backayogo
Support RLC's views. We were hard working but a tad unlucky. I actually thought we started to move better when Shuker came on. It's all about confidence and self belief in my opinion. Enjoyed the game but not the result obviously. RLC got it spot on. Goodness me it was cold though!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Support RLC's views. We were hard working but a tad unlucky. I actually thought we started to move better when Shuker came on. It's all about confidence and self belief in my opinion. Enjoyed the game but not the result obviously. RLC got it spot on. Goodness me it was cold though!
Thanks, GF. From what you and RLC say, we lack penetration so will miss Koumas. I assume that's why Shuker played. But would he last 90 minutes?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Shuker played well when he came on, but more generally we need a win somehow, anyhow to lift confidence levels throughout the team, preferably on Tuesday.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Yes, I have no idea why Holmes was left out again - something to do with the 'dressing room issues' perhaps ? - although Ihiekwe did ok at right back. I could understand wanting Donacien's pace at centre back, but not the decision to leave out Holmes.

We looked a bit lightweight in midfield at times, but Jenno actually had a decent game today. A bigger problem in the first half seemed to be at left back, where Ridehalgh struggled against Holmes, their very skilful right winger.

It was good to hear there was some real effort applied for this game - despite the bad result. I was still hopeful of staying up, but if the dressing room has issues we might as well wrap up.

Always disappointed when Holmes is left out. The radio commentary mentioned Jenno was struggling fitness wise in the first half and I thought that they could always bring Laird on , but also that Danny could do a good job sitting in front of the back four.

Player
Liam Palmer
I didn't attend the game but the report in the normally-supportive Echo was scathing (although it might have been a local agency, as NH's name wasn't on it). Anyway, it seems at odds with what most fans who were there observed.

Having said that.... I think we cannot underestimate the crisis that is engulfing us. Talk of dressing room disharmony (yes, that was news to me, although not surprising) and the general malaise which seems to be affecting the players, makes me think we are almost certain to be relegated. This time last year, you couldn't find a Rovers fan who thought we'd drop into League 2, this year, I am struggling to find one who thinks we'll stay up.

Certainly, a defeat tomorrow night, whilst not fatal, should prompt poor Mark Palios to do something (Koumas in charge with Dave Jones as Red Adair?).

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
At this stage of the season, it doesn't matter so much how we play, it's whether we pick up points. No real comfort knowing we might have played better than the last few games as we are still walking away empty handed. We are fighting for league status.

With 10 games to go give me 10 horrible scrappy games as long as we get the points. I want to see real fight out there. It might not be pretty but we now have to do whatever it takes to survive.

If we lose tomorrow I can see changes afoot.

Player
Liam Palmer
Agreed. I've long-since given up any hope of seeing any half-decent football by Rovers this season. And I've not seen much fight in the last couple of months, except for the games against Shews and Exeter. Let's just hope the players care even half as much as the fans, then we might have a chance. But I'm not banking on it.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought the Echo report was unbalanced but I agree with the sentiments above. The game on Saturday reminded me a bit of the league game at Bury under Edwards, where the players showed plenty of endeavour suggesting that their form might be about to turn, but we all know what followed.

The performance on Saturday gave me a glimmer of hope, but we have to follow up by taking something from the game tomorrow. If we lose tomorrow night, I really can't see any way back for us, certainly not under Adams.