• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Closing Topics

DixieDean

Just having a little rant about the closing of topics and I give the Sven Bass thread as an example. By closing the thread you have stopped the natural flow of conversation. If you read through the thread you will see that (on the whole) people have made sensible comments and the conversation has evolved from the subject of Mr Bass in a genuine manner.

Why not simply change the title of the post to "New Title: General Chat" or "from Sven Bass to Various" and thus keep the conversation live.

If you were standing in a pub a conversation could easily go:
"Sven Goran Eriksson really is poo, don't you think?"
"yes he is...."
"and his formation is all wrong"
"he needs to go 5-3-2 and use Terry, Campbell and Ferdinand"
"no, 442 cos Campbell's poo"
"actually campbell's back to his best and ferdinand's form is struggling"
"hang on, we were talking about Sven.....so i don't want to continue this conversation..."

Ok, so we aren't in a pub, but you get my point (hopefully)....

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah I get your point.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
do you mean how topics go "off topic"

DixieDean

bolton_hater said:
do you mean how topics go "off topic"

i'm talking about how moderators lock topics when they start drifting from the subject matter. I think conversation should be allowed to flow.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I can see what you're saying, but sometimes, you have to have an element of control over the forums.

If we allowed all topics to go OT, whats the point of having categories, different forums and thread names.

There's nothing more frustrating when reading a forum and finding nearly all the topics you read drift OT.

There are however options.

1. If you would still like to continue the thread, PM a moderator, and they can open it back up for you.

2. Start another thread and hope it doesn't go OT like the last one ;)

We do try and keep open as many threads as we can.

S

Seanyb

Well could you thread links to the new topic if the original topic goes offf on a tangent?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Dont see why not.