• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Chris McCready

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wonder if the fact he's not played the last few games is a sign he's on the way out? Only on a 1 year deal.I'd be sorry if so, he started fairly well and has been steady throughout. Our best patch came when he played with Goodison in the centre with Thommo playing at right-back, but this option not used since his return to fitness.

Player
Goodison
Mcreadys been dropped becasue of the goals weve been conceding. But it isnt his fault its the people in front. People like ellison, davies and shuker cant tackle which leaves us completly exposed on the flanks also the strikers arent closing defenders team down which allows teams to play out the back. Thompson should go to left back or holding midfield alongside Mclaren to allow him to go forward. But mcready's contract should be extended becasue hes hardly been injured and hes been solid at the back. He does the stuff you dont notice and sweeps up after Goodison.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I don't mind Creads but I think the defense lacks a lot of pace with him, Stockdale, Goodi and Sheriff. We get caught out quite a lot with balls over the top and if we can get someone in with a bit of pace to play alongside Goodi then we'd improve I think.

Player
Morrisey
Goodison would be the defender I would use to warm the bench. He looked out of sorts at Millwall and with Ward a liability his 'cool' manner is not required at the moment. Next season I would start Thompson or McReady and a pacey defender. If we dont bring anyone in except for Thompson then I would start McReady and Thommo in the Centre.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Ronnie said he has been leaving McCready out for Thompson because he knows what McCready is all about and wants to see more of Thompson before the summer. It sounded like their was a chance that we may keep Thompson next season if Thompson wants to stay.

Player
Goodison
Goodison would be the defender I would use to warm the bench. He looked out of sorts at Millwall and with Ward a liability his 'cool' manner is not required at the moment. Next season I would start Thompson or McReady and a pacey defender. If we dont bring anyone in except for Thompson then I would start McReady and Thommo in the Centre.

Goodison has been player of the season, you cant leave him out. I would play him as a sweeper, with a pacey defender infront of him. Nobody reads the game like Goodison in the team

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Player
Morrisey
I dont think Goodison has been player of the season. I think that he was excellent when he was playing for a contract but I dont think he has been that good since he got it. He is a class defender but I think that McReady is better than him and so is Thompson. All three of them are class and if we had all three of them next season we would be in a great position at the back with a healthy amount of competition.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
think we were most effective when we had thommo on the right with mcready and goodison in the middle but stockdale seems to have upped his game recently. would keep mcready at centre back though with goodison.