• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Chris Greenacre.

Player
Morrisey
Chris has signed a new contract with us until 2009. Cracking news and hopefully this shows the clubs endevour to strive for the Championship. The news that he chose us above some Championship clubs is good. Perhaps he believes we will soon be there.

Player
Goodison
now we need to give Curran a run with him upfront and get the rest of the team scoring goals and perhaps try and sign a goalscorer to play with him to take the pressure off him

Player
Morrisey
We now need to secure other players whos contracts are up. We need to sign McReady and also Curran on for a few more seasons.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
That's the best news in a long time. I really thought he was on his way. Maybe he has heard about the curse of the Tranmere Bosmans, who leave the club for nothing at the end of their contract - Mahon, Thornton, Murphy, Roberts, Price - and are never heard of again!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Absoloutly brilliant news for the club! We now need to try and secure the other players services who we want as a backbone to our side next season and then we can go and get the others in the summer.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Delighted with this. Keeping our top goalscorer for another 2 seasons is definately good news. That's one player I'm sure everyone will be delighted with keeping.

First bit of good news for a while and a definate headstart for next seasons campaign.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with the above. Probably our best player this season and without his goals, I dread to think...

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Great news about Chris.

Out of interest (and maybe as a new thread) does anyone know who is out of contract at the end of the season and who we could potentially lose?

I'd really like to know!!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
End of contract

Most of this info is on the TRFC website under Squad/Player Profiles. Of Ronnie's signings, Gavin Ward and Chris McCready were one-year and so they don't have contracts for next season. I don't know what the position is for Achto and Macca. The real fun will be next summer when nearly everyone in the squad will be free to move, unless Ronnie does something.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Achto and Macca are both out of contract at the end of the season and I think both will leave the club as playing members during the summer.