• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

ChiefRich apologises to WhiteReview re: McAteer views

C

ChiefRich

I, "ChiefRich", am writing an apology to all users of this forum for repeatedly making incorrect assertions in relation to Jason McAteer.

In these assertions, I said that the strongest Tranmere Rovers central midfield partnership would feature McAteer alongside youth product Steven Jennings.

I was wrong.

On watching the Nottingham Forest match today, I witnessed McAteer make 2 nice but unnecessary switching passes to young fledgling player Carl Tremarco, but saw no positive contribution to the team made by the player.

His corner-taking was abysmal as was his reluctance to partake in tackling or running to support the overstretched attack force.

In mitigation, I would like to say that I never supported the case for him to be captain at any time and have criticised performances by him in the past.

Sorry once again.

---------

Yes he really pissed me off today did McAteer. I guess I was seeing glimpses of his talent with his passing in some previous matches and was trying not to see how bad our midfield actually is.

Rankine may be too old but will get stuck in and may pass the ball to someone better than him with it to do something with it.

Sorry for a third time.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
lol :lol: i thought you had said something really offensive and it was a proper apology.

I see what you mean.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Although I cannot speak on behalf of all those that your hurtful false statements may have caused grief to, I for one do accept your apology as heartfelt - you were clearly decieved into the incorrect belief that he had something to offer.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Our best Centre Midfield partnership is definitely Harrison and Jennings without a doubt. I can't believe McAteer takes free kicks and corners as he certainly cannot deliver a good ball. Well not from what ive seen anyway!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
All I can say is...

I told you so! :wink:

He's been awful this season though hasn't he. #-o

C

ChiefRich

Ian said:
I told you so! :wink:

Yes you did amongst others. I did think there were glimmers in there; I ignored Huddersfield on the grounds that everyone was shite.

Then again, another way of thinking of Huddersfield is that the captain should be the one that players look for to inspiration as well...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I wonder how much he gets paid? In fact, some things are best not knowing. :roll:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
£3,000 :shock:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
In that telegraph interview he said he took a £16,000 a week wage drop to come here! Not a big enough wage drop if you ask me! :)

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
£16,000 drop may sound alot but still about £3,000 a week for HIM is still alot to us!

B

Banana Army

Joe_TRFC said:
In that telegraph interview he said he took a £16,000 a week wage drop to come here! Not a big enough wage drop if you ask me! :)

He made that up. He didnt even know how to start an account at Liverpool.

smilingmart

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
you were clearly decieved into the incorrect belief that he had something to offer.

Do you reckon we could sue McAteer for obtaining money by deception?

J

Johnny King is God

If he took a £16,000 wage drop at Sunderland, I hope he was on £13,000.