• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Chester v Rovers (Cheshire Senior Cup)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think I will make a trip to the Deva for this one.

Chester generally play fairly strong teams in this competition, so it will be interesting to see how our second string get on against them. We should really be capable of winning the game fairly comfortably.

I would guess Ray, Nelson, Caprice, Banks, Potter, Danns, Perkins, Gilmour and Payne could all be involved, in addition to the usual youngsters (Pilling, Spelllman, Walker-Rice).

Last edited:

ADD

Player
Norwood
Enjoy the game RLC - have a dodgy ankle so won't be able to make it.
Put like that it sounds like a very strong line up. Will be interested to see how the boys go. Kole Hall? may also play again i guess at least in a cameo role?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Yes, with pretty much a full squad uninjured at the moment there are a lot of players who need to be kept ticking over in case they are required for league action. We really should win this match irrespective of the team Chester put out.

Rio Doherty

Player
Akwasi Asante
Hello all, Chester supporter here.
I have a compiled a matchday preview for tonight’s game on my YouTube channel which includes the latest form of both sides, goals from our last meeting, plus loads more. If you are interested in watching it then just click on the link below. Hope you all enjoy the match tonight:

Thanks, Rio Doherty.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A very strong Rovers xi for this, though Nelson doesn’t feature at all.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Looks like a 4-4-2, packed with 10 senior pros and Danny Walker-Rice. The subs are all untried youngsters. Most of the team were first-team regulars earlier in the season, which makes you realise how much we strengthened the squad in January. There are 16 players (SIXTEEN) squad members who are being rested, so if we were playing Blackpool instead of Chester hardly any of tonight's squad would even make the bench. Micky has strength in depth and a virtually injury-free squad for the first time in over a year.

Interesting that Evan Gumbs is captain, despite being one of the youngest three players. Not sure what to make of that, but I'm sure it's positive and will certainly give him a lift.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The twitter updates seem to suggest Chester on top. With such a strong side out, bit surprised at that.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I don't think many are advancing there claims so far by the sounds of it

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't think many are advancing there claims so far by the sounds of it
Agreed and would much rather a few were shining and forcing their way into the first team picture. Will Chester tire as the game progresses?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Agreed and would much rather a few were shining and forcing their way into the first team picture. Will Chester tire as the game progresses?
George Waring is playing for chester

Player
aldo
my mate is a blue . we are er and they are all over the place you would think they have never met each other no good

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
my mate is a blue . we are er and they are all over the place you would think they have never met each other no good
I would be hoped several players would have staked a claim for the first team but by what your saying and the Twitter updates nobody is doing thst

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Banks and Ferrier are closest to a first team spot, yet so far neither mentioned on twitter save Ollie taking the ko

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
1-0 defeat. Not bothered about the result but doesn’t sound like many impressed. Will await RLCs report with interest

Player
aldo
only pilling who made some good saves the lot of em are sh£t not one of them where botherd . chester played so much better . apart from our keeper not one of em should be in the team on saturday oh well off to the pub

Player
aldo
oh did i say chester played there academy team that makes the 10 first teamers we played even more of a joke only the likes of gumbs might be around in the summer most of them should be gone as they are so poor