• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cherries v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Next step in the Rovers unbeaten tour is a trip to Dean Court on the south coast. It's a ground where we've had mixed fortunes in the recent past, including a late winner from Adam McGurk in Les' first full season to secure our L1 safety.

Our opponents have a fruitcake of a chairman, the backing of a rich Russian and a fairly decent squad at this level. It will be returning manager Eddie Howe's first game. Hopefully he's not able to fix things straight away.

There hasn't been much news on the injury front. Working on the assumption that Robinson won't be risked for this match and Thompson isn't fit, it seems Ronnie has 2 options. My preference would be for Cole Stockton up front and McGurk on the wing. The alternative, which Ronnie may be inclined to go for is to pick Black at left-back, push Zoum into midfield and play McGurk up front. I'd be wary of moving Zoum, who has been a revelation this season, unsettling the defence in the process. However, the manager may feel a Cassidy/Stockton pairing up front lacks pace. Haven't heard any more mention of a loan striker?

Prediction: This is hard to call. Gut feeling is a narrow home win, but we could easily get something out of this to keep the 350 or so travelling fans happy.

Player
Achto
an early goal from us, would break them.

Eddie Howe is good manager hopefully he will change the team formation and they will take a while to get used to his new system.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would also like to see Stockton partner Cassidy up front. It is noticeable that in the last couple of games we have missed more chances than normal from open play, two of the goals against Yeovil coming from set plays, and I think Stockton gives greater assistance to Jake up front than McGurk.

The likely absence of Robinson and Thompson is a concern. I think we do need to bring another attacking player in ASAP or the injuries may begin to catch up with us, certainly away from home.

All that said, provided we aren't affected by the occasion and the hype surrounding Howe's return, this is a game we can certainly win.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
2-0 to the mighty Tranmere, going for the Wallace and Cass goal-machine pairing...

drwhoman

CHERRIES GAME

I see we have signed Jake Jervis on loan from Birmingham for a month - striker. Guys want to come and play if you are winning!

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
As the red***** are playing, i guess theres no commentary??

Status
Not open for further replies.