• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Carlisle U v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Difficult trip to Cumbria next up for Rovers, only one point from our last 3 visits to Brunton Park. Ronnie makes reference to some knocks on the official site, but assuming nobody is ruled out, expect a similar line-up.

Craig Curran has moved on, so no obvious links with the Cumbrians current squad. They were in touching distance of last-season's top 6, but haven't strengthened their squad significantly. If Rovers are realistic play-off contenders need at least a point from this.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think we'll need to wait till we've played a few matches before we can assess Rovers' chances this season. Leyton Orient are not a good side. Carlisle were last season, but I think under Ronnie we have a chance there this time.

Looking ahead, I think the fixture computer has been kind to us this season. I don't see many teams to fear in the August and September fixtures, so we have every chance of a good start.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A tricky game this i think we will get a draw 1 1

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
If Rovers are realistic play-off contenders need at least a point from this.

So if we lose we are no longer realistic play-off contenders?

It might be wise to bring Harrison in for Palmer for away games, but couldn't argue with an unchanged line-up.

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Carlisle is always a difficult place to go to and get a result but I think we will get a point if we keep it tight.

I thought Palmer had a decent game against Orient and seems to be able to be a part of us moving the ball around much better. Agree it might be a good idea to bring Harrison in but I would do it at the expense of Thompson who is not likely to do a lot of tackling back and seems unable to get very involved at this stage.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
So if we lose we are no longer realistic play-off contenders?
Far from it. However rule of thumb suggests win the bulk of your home games and collect a point at away matches and the play-offs should be in reach. While I agree with BBTC that it's probably too early to assess play-off prospects, Ronnie chose to mention them in his post-match comments so open for discussion.

Harrison for Thompson is not a like-for-like and I can't see Danny featuring as a right-winger any time soon. Unless we're losing, I would think maybe a Harrison for Robinson substitution is possible, with Palmer moved out to the wing.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Ah ok, I misunderstood what you meant. We very nearly made the playoffs last time under RM with an awful away record, so a general improvement on that would be a start. I'm confident we'll be a threat at home throughout the season.

I said Harrison for Palmer!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Should have made it clear, I was responding to Brightonian's suggestion of Parker for Thompson:smile:

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As others have mentioned, it will be interesting to see how we cope away from home given our relatively adventurous line up under Ronnie, particularly as we had an awful run of away results at the tail end of last season, conceding a hatful of goals (albeit with experimental line ups). A much bigger test for Gibson and Taylor than Saturday.

I can see the merit of a Harrison - Taylor swap but think Liam is a much better player than most other fans seem to.

I would take a point now.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I wouldn't!

Half time, yes Robbo.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Jesus, keep it up lads!

Robbo running the show by the sounds of it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hat trick for Robbo! Bloody brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.